Black People : KFC-Don't Eat

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nisa, May 3, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
  2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Haven't ate that crap (or any fast food) in many years. I'm glad now that I've seen this. Actually, they had reports of this kind of cruelty a long time ago, but people still flock to KFC. It's a shame. People will do anything and cut any corners for the sake of a profit.

3. Ireadastory

Ireadastory Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    My thing is people are free to do what they want to do be it right or wrong according to the standards of others. If peple want to eat KFC let them eat it, for those who don't, don't eat it but please keep your judgemental comments to yourself. Everything these days is about money in some shape, form or fashion. I am glad that Peta is standing for something but in the same respect everyone is not going to share in their belief.

4. havilandks

havilandks Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Whats KFC got to do with it

Amen!

Unless your buying what they call free range poultry from the the supermarket, your supporting the the same kind of environment for Kroger, Scotts, Win Dixi, Publics, and all the rest. Most chicken farms are the same.
    This also goes for Hogs, and Beef. Ever seen a feedlot, or a 10,000 animal hog operation? Its called economy of scale, and its fine with me as I don't want to pay $10 a lb for my pork chop, steak, or fried chicken. And I also don't want to be a vegetarian, love meat! :hearts3:

5. teleroda2000

teleroda2000 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    And I still will be going as well. How do you act nice to something you about to have for
    dinner for christ sakes these are chicken not children. I only care about people not dinner.

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    How long do the chickens have to live before they end up as food? Just because you're about to eat it doesn't mean it should be tortured. Even when it is killed, we as humans have the ability to give it a swift and quick death so it won't feel anything.

And if the conditions in which the chickens are being raised in are unsanitary, that's not good because it may give germs to the people consuming them.

Granted, this video won't make me a vegetarian, but I do think this is something that should be addressed. The only thing that makes me mad is the hypocrisy of the animal cops... if they love animals so much, why aren't they going after these people?!

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    What about all the crap they are pumping into the chickens? I care more about the fact that it's polluted with hormones and other things that make the food grow abnormally. Then they pass it on to us as food. We should watch what we eat carefully. Just because the restaurant has an "A" in front means nothing.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    That's true too.

9. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I stopped eating chicken,yes people are free to do what they want, but I take my position as to inform people about things they may not know about.
    I went back to veganism, my body feels better. I don't know why..my body never really took a liking to chicken..milk..anything of that nature,turns my stomach out...

10. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    ummm

I think hearing this made me just as sick as seeing the chickens being abused...lol