Black Entertainment : Kevin Hart

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by CSmith, Jul 27, 2013.

1. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    Though, I haven't seen "Let me explain...". I've been a supporter of his since the beginning. Not only does he have wide ranging appeal, but he has been able to fund his entire operation himself. With the help of "Code Black Entertainment", which "According to its founder, CodeBlack Entertainment was created to facilitate positive representations of African-Americans in film", he was able to pull of this massive feat.

wiki/CodeBlack_Entertainment

Hollywood was shocked he was able to do the number he did with "Let me explain".

kevin-hart-let-me-explain-box-office_n_3550206.html

I'm subscribed to his channel on YouTube called "HartBeatProductions". If ya'll don't know and support Kevin Hart, ya'll gun learn today.

2. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    I can never just watch one video. I often find myself on YouTube clicking on dozens of videos. It's my favorite thing to do when I procrastinate.

I'm not sure if I can even post videos yet. I can't even post links and I hate spacing out the link so I can sneak it into the post.

Corey Holcolm did this brutal standup at Shaq's All Star Comedy show. Some of the most messed up jokes I've ever heard. I highly recommend it! LOL

3. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    so i'm thinking out loud here. i'm wondering what distinguishes this "entertainer" from most of the others who use crass and distasteful language, disrespects Black Women in many of his performances and appears to enjoy doing all of this in front of non-black people?

there must come a moment when advance thinking black people must reject coarse behavior hurdled against them. we should no longer enjoy our own people disrespecting us and tearing us down and contributing to the overall madness against our Black Women under the auspices of "it's just comedy." doing so is illogical.

4. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    You might be over-thinking this a bit. Comedy would be extremely boring if people didn't push the envelope on what they joke about. I don't know a single person who wants their comedy to be 100% politically correct. It reminds me of the book by Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451. Since everyone was offended by something, they essentially had to burn every book...

You have every right to boycott Kevin Hart and other comedians for talking about their experiences in front of non-Blacks, but I'm going to exercise my right to disagree. I just plain disagree. I don't know what jokes are "too far", but Kevin certainly hasn't reached that point.

Now, Corey Holcolm...one could make an argument that he goes too far.

5. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    so if he calls a Black Woman a 'bch' then your response to me--in defense of him-- is the above?

6. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    Is nobody allowed to use the term, even in comedy? Thank god you're not crafting legislation. You would be a Nazi. You would also have to stop all the females from calling eachother "bch" in their comedy acts as well.

There's a difference between comedy and disrespecting someone just because...
    Most people are able to see the difference and laugh. We're going to have to break you in, as Corey Holcolm would say.

7. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    interesting choice of words...but you still have not answered my question please. is it ok for Mr. Hart to call Black Women 'bchs' so long as it is used in a comedic setting?

8. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    Kevin Hart can say whatever he wants, even outside of a comedic setting. And people have the right not to like his comedy nor the way he speaks outside of that. Whether it's okay for him to say it is up to the individual. I don't care whether people use the word, it doesn't bother me. It's just a word. I wouldn't call a female that word unless they truly deserved it. I call men "bch" every other week.

Here's a list of people I would call "bch":

Bill O'Reilly
    Michelle Bachmann
    Congressman Virginia Foxx <--- deeeefinitely!

I could go on but, meh.

9. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    yes, yes...I understand...but my question remains unanswered. i'm asking YOU this question please: is it OK for Mr. Hart to call Black Women 'bchs' so long as he's doing it within the framework of "comedy"?

10. CSmith

Ratings:
    +213
    I thought it was clear. I answered your question when I said, "I don't care whether people use the word, it doesn't bother me." Therefore you can extrapolate that since Kevin is a person he would be included in those who can use the word. It's okay. :)