Black People Politics : Kevin Hart refuses to apologize for homophobic tweets even after Academy gives ultimatum

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Symbol of America

Symbol of America Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    What gets my spurs up is Whites get to call us Blacks derogatory names every day of the week in print, radio, TV, social media and in public venues, most survive with nary a hair on their heads being ruffled, some get canned or suspended from their venues but GOD help a notable Black man or woman even quote somebody else about the new in crowd LBTGQ or whatever they go by nowadays and even our own demand he or she not only apologize but remove themselves from their means of employment and lastly if the former wasn't enough excoriation then they should surrender themselves to the so-called aggrieved party to be burned alive at the stake.

• Like Like x 2
    • True True x 1
    • List
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +622
    Our people are the literally scapegoat for every other group on this planet. Unfortunately, I do not see that changing anytime soon. I personally believe we will never be able to change what other groups think about us, so instead we should work on ourselves. Build our own people up, create our own foundations, raise up our own great nations again, and delve into the deeper meaning of our own existence on this earth and the universe at large. Instead of worrying over the drama created to keep us outraged and running in circles, I believe we should be out here building a better future for ourselves and our descendants.

No one is going to help us, no one is going to empathize with our circumstances. Instead, they use our genius for their own benefit, our bodies for their own enjoyment, and our spirituality to bind us into waiting on an outside force to rectify the situation. I believe we need to wake up, see the truth for what it is, and go forth and be the great people we truly are (creators of belief systems, builders of great structures, foundation layers of civilizations, and originators of scientific inquiry and education systems). We must do this for ourselves and our progeny, so that one day our people look back at this time as a time of nightmares, not as we do now a time of cycles terror repeating themselves.

• True True x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +605
    "I personally believe we will never be able to change what other groups think about us, so instead we should work on ourselves."

When every Black man, woman, and child accepts this singular truth no one will be able to contain or stop us. I preach this to my children and everyone that will listen to me. You can waste time trying to figure out and change a persons mind but you can only be sure of moving forward when you decide to better yourself and compete only with yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  4. Symbol of America

Symbol of America Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Hands down these are the best two comments to date about the stark futility of angrily demanding, vehemently ordering, kindly requesting or in some delusional way hoping to achieve respect through forced discussions concerning Civil Rights and Civil Wrongs as if our antagonist really care about the social ills they themselves commit against our well being and social standing in their world. We as a whole need to more then ever redirect our efforts right now to control our own destiny and forge ahead with pride of not only self but race. Our futures thirst for our knowledge, our guidance and more so our wisdom, nurturing, protection and love to forge ahead with a strong tenable legacy we as their elders pass on to them. Respect is a mindset, it's not a physical entity to be reconstituted or redirected or earned via threat, promise or legal order. However we as a race can demand our antagonist act and conduct themselves accordingly to our satisfaction in our presence.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,515
    :great: speaking truth to power, for sure.

Jerry Seinfeld Says Kevin Hart's Oscars Withdrawal Is Academy's Loss

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jerry-seinfeld-says-kevin-hart-170649671.html

Jerry Seinfeld Says Kevin Hart's Oscars Withdrawal Is Academy's Loss

Jerry Seinfeld suggested the withdrawl of fellow comic Kevin Hart from hosting
    yahoo.com

...Seinfeld asked in an interview to air in its entirety on “Sunday Today with Willie Geist.” (See the clip above.) “I think Kevin’s going to be fine, you know, but find another Kevin Hart, that’s not so easy, he’s a brilliant guy with a movie career.”

[​IMG]
    Ron Dicker
    HuffPost
    [​IMG]
    Jerry Seinfeld, pictured in 2015 with Kevin Hart, isn't worried about his fellow comedian's future after Hart stepped down from the Oscars-hosting gig. (Jason Kempin via Getty Images)

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,515