Black People : Kenyan Woman Dies After Being Denied Hospital Services in China - 3 Times

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Kenyan Woman Dies After Being Denied Hospital Services in China - 3 Times

Published on Thursday, 08 March 2012 15:36

According to a close family friend who had accompanied her on the trip but did not want to be named citing the sensitivity of the matter, Ms Moraa came down with some illness shortly after they landed in China’s Quanzhou City.

“Mumo’s (her family nickname) illness started with shivering and then quickly progressed into convulsions,” her brother Michael Mayieka Ndemo, who kept close contact with her over the phone during the trip, said.

Ms Esther Mayieka, a sister of Ms Moraa, tried to access the local hospitals for treatment when her illness progressed on the night of February 23.

“The second hospital turned her away and just said they don’t treat people at night,” she said. She added that her sister had a medical cover, without which, some hospitals reject patients.

The family believes Ms Moraa’s case is only the latest in a string of other similar cases of discrimination against foreigners by the Chinese — especially those from Africa.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

2. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    I can see why there is a lack of comments concerning this disturbing post. If it was about the invisible man in the sky, dancing, sports , sexiness or adultry there would have been a flood of comments. Oh well, maybe.... I pray, that a switch in our collective minds will get turned on so that we can awaken to reallity and see that as African People, all that we have is each other. This has always been and it will never change. Asians, Europeans, and Hispanics do not give a tinkers **** about us. Only what they can steal,trick us out of,or coherse from us. We are like children without any sense of direction. All other people groups look after their own kind and pull togather for safety and protection from other people. We however try to use , abuse and cheat each other as much as possible. Then we claim that we do not understand why other ethnic groups will not help us in times of need. We refuse to help each other let alone our selves personally. We are almost giving the Chinese our natural resources in Africa today. The Europeans are angery with the Chinese because they figure that they are the only ones who should rape us in Africa. After all, they have been doing it for more than 2,000 yrs. with not much resistanct or unity from us. That is why they murdered Quadaffi and destroyed his system of trying to help all of Africa build infrastructure . As long as all people see how we hate and misuse ourselves for crumbs at their tables we will continue to be treated with disrespect and disdane. Then we cry and say "I just don't understand why they treat us like they do." Only a fool cannot understand what is clearly right in front of their eyes. I guess we will keep on praying and looking up into the sky for the Invisible Man to cure our ills. We were really born with the cure from the Universe like all people are ,until we were trained and taught not to use it but to believe in fairy tales and therefore become weak and helpless. There is a small flicker of light left in us.... I hope that some will catch it and let it grow into a flame of strength and fire to spread into the hearts of our people once again. Hotep

3. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Alas, who will save us from ourselves?

We are like children with M-16s strapped to our backs running away in fright from barking dogs.

We already have all this power, given to us before we left Home from a loving Father. How foolish of us to look lo, here, and lo, there, perhaps in the clouds, for a salvation which our Father has already paid for and equipped us with.

Jesus taught neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

KMT taught that the Atum lies within, and likewise, too, salvation ultimately lies within.

We should stop wasting time bickering over who said what first and, instead, pay more attention to the message.

4. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    Why with all of the evidence before us, is that so hard to see...?

5. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    We are giving our resources away? You don't live in Africa and I can bet you can't name 4 capitals in Africa without google! This whole "we" concept is in American one. Africans are tribal and non-racial.

6. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Anyway,......SMH at the responses..

this story is sad and awful...Must of been something in the air or someone ate something that was poisoned or whatever triggered this woman to die a horrible death. No one deserves this kind of treatment. I think this should be investigated thoroughly. Somebody needs to be accountable for this woman's death...

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

Were Nkrumah and Lumumba American thinkers ? Is tribal a good thing in your eyes?

8. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    In Kenya right now...the native Kenyans have beef with the Somali's who come there. Different native Kenyan tribes within Kenya have beef with each other. This "we are the world" concept WILL NEVER prevail.

If Seksen got beat to death tomorrow by 20 Caucasoids, a Kenyan wouldn't care. I'm not saying news about African shouldn't be posted, I'm saying all that emotional detachment is uncalled for.

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I am aware of the realities infecting some continental African countries as it is common knowledge,as a matter of fact the same things happen in the US although in different ways. I wouldn't classify Blacks working together economically AKA "we are all black" as "we are the world" ,but more of a strategic state of mind born from historical circumstances, and knowledge of a well embedded enemy. Like I pointed out this point of view isn't a Black American concept entirely,those continental African leaders i mentioned in the other post were not American
    The average foreign Black person doesn't understand particular Black American POV's.That is living in the belly with beast perhaps we see and know things others don't. In America 'we are the world' "we are all black" "Black people" or any other name given to this state of mind has prevailed many times. Not saying that it is possible in your country. But then again -"we are the white world' seems to have work for the caucazoids for a long time in Africa even for the Brits in Kenya.

10. Seksen

Seksen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Retired....finally
    Ratings:
    +135
    If you noticed I said that a "switch must be turned on in our collective minds." In order for a switch to get turned on it must have been "turned off" sometime in the near or distant past. This is why we became tribal and arrogantly ignorant. "My tribe is better than your tribe. If you think differently, lets fight and kill eachother". This mindset or behavior was learned and can be unlearned. Caucassoids fought and killed each other for thousands of years, Asians did like wise. We are no different than any of them in this respect. In fact if my memory serves me right, there was something called WWI and WWII and all kinds of ethnic wars in Europe, Asia and Africa. We can always change and start to understand that we have been brain washed to love massah whether in Africa, Asia, or the Americas'. We even teach ourselves to build up a false sense of superiority with each other. Africans do not relate to a continental unity because of arrogance, selfishness, and ignorance that is held in high esteem. The lady thought that the Asians who are raping the continent of Africa would treat her with kindness and respect ,because of her mis education. They showed her didn't they? The switch was still turned off in her head and she died still not understanding that what she had was what they valued and not her or her kind. The God that was within her was not reached. Has the God within you been reached or are you god with a little "g"? Remember, We All Are God's. Peace