Kenya : Kenyan woman defends her skin bleaching

well must admit i never new bleaching and those lightnin creams was different - sooo learned something new today - no intention of tryin that stuff out though - perfectly happy with the shade i am - sides i so do not need another thing to worry about deciding on - bad enough trying to work out what to do with my hair without having to worry bout whether i wanna look a diferent shade

well must admit i never new bleaching and those lightnin creams was different - sooo learned something new today - no intention of tryin that stuff out though - perfectly happy with the shade i am - sides i so do not need another thing to worry about deciding on - bad enough trying to work out what to do with my hair without having to worry bout whether i wanna look a diferent shade
I'm sure it's all good.

Like I said, I've seen Obama in person. I've also seen Toni Prekwinkle in person. Under different lighting, you WILL appear lighter or darker than your true complexion:

2011_11_13_toni.jpg
barack-obama.jpg
AR-710109839.jpg&MaxW=600&maxH=450&updated=201310101957&noborder

President-Obama.jpg

One thing to note about BOTH of Obama's photos - light-skinned people have some yellow in their skin tones. In neither of Obama's photos is there even a hint of yellow. Which makes him, as I keep saying, "brown-skinned." (Prekwinkle's true coloring is a reddish-yellow cross between both pictures, i.e., not as red as in the first and not as washed out-looking in the 2nd; SHE is "light-skinned.")

http://www.blackskinlightening.com/dangerous-skin-bleaching-vs-safe-skin-lightening/

I read there was a difference between skin bleaching and skin lighting cream, as bleaching is much more dangerous. I don't think anybody here is for skin bleaching, although some may try to put words in your mouth and say you are. I heard that there are many safe skin-lighting cream procedures that aren't even discussed, as mentioned in this article. I mentioned in this thread that I know someone personally whose skin went from Florida Evans' (Good Times) complexion to Willonas, and it looked good on her. I'm sure she didn't bleach. I think she used skin-lighting cream. Or perhaps, after not seeing her for 30 years, she may have naturally changed to that complexion. She was from Louisiana. She may have even had a face lift. Of course I didn't ask her all that. I just know she was a least 5 years older than me, but looked younger than me, and I thought I looked young for my age...I think people just like to tell us that. Anyway, what brought me in this thread was when I heard someone criticize a black woman for wanting to be lighter, which doesn't mean looking light-skinned. I thought about this woman who I hadn't seen in 30 years, who was really my deceased cousins ex-girlfriend that he had a son with, who is now 33. I was kinda speaking in her defense, especially since her skin didn't peel off like an orange.

But on the other hand, I knew a girl that I worked with and dated who was even darker, and I can tell just by looking at her that she would not have looked better going anywhere near Willonas' complexion...she would have looked worst. I guess lighter skin compliments some, while others it could do the opposite.

I too agree that skin is just skin. I just don't like when people contradict themselves. Although you can probably hold your own, don't let the bullies intimidate you.

Yes, there is a difference. Skin lightening is not as drastic. I knew a guy with blotches on his face. He bought a product named Ambi. He used it night and day.
It was amazing how this cream, cleared his skin up and his complexion was even, smooth and beautiful. He walked with confidence and he was happier.

I agree KPITRL, the users of products like these are rewarded with a younger look.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back