Kenya : Kenyan deputy president pleads not guilty at international court

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Both sides have been accused of intimidating or manipulating witnesses, allegations they deny. Khan, Ruto's lawyer, said claims of intimidation were designed to distract attention from a fundamentally weak prosecution case.
Kenyan deputy president pleads not guilty at international court

By Thomas Escritt and James Macharia
THE HAGUE/NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya's Deputy President William Ruto pleaded not guilty to crimes against humanity charges at the International Criminal Court on Tuesday, while back home Kenyans feared the case could reignite political violence they have struggled to overcome.
Ruto and co-defendant Joshua arap Sang are charged with orchestrating a post-election bloodbath five years ago, working with other conspirators to murder, deport and persecute supporters of rival political parties in Kenya's Rift Valley region.
View gallery

Kenya's Deputy President William Ruto (R) reacts as he sits in the courtroom before his trial at the …
http://news.yahoo.com/kenyas-deputy-president-goes-trial-international-court-064101207.html

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: