Kenya : Kenya signs infrastructure, energy deals worth $5 bln with China

During his first visit to Africa in March, Xi pledged to help the continent develop, responding to concerns that China is only interested in shipping out the continent's raw materials.

Whomp! There it is!

Anyone who thinks China is being "altruistic" is a political neophyte. She's in Africa for her own interests. If the Africans... and I stress "if"..... are helped, cool. But first and foremost, China's interests.

As it should be. Take care of home FIRST and all..... :news:

To feed the voracious appetite of its economic machine galloping at a dizzying 9 percent clip, China has been trolling for resources in Africa. It has spent billions of dollars securing drilling rights in Angola, Nigeria, Sudan and Angola; has exploration or extraction deals with Chad, Gabon, Mauritania, Kenya, the Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Ethiopia; and has invested in the copper industry in Zambia and Congo as well as buying timber in Gabon, Cameroon, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea and Liberia. Across Africa, Chinese companies are muscling out Western and other foreign companies, winning contracts to pave highways, build hydroelectric dams, upgrade ports, lay railway tracks and build pipelines. All these forays have been sugar-coated with euphonious anti-colonial verbiage: That China was not a colonial power in Africa. But I dismiss this as "chopsticks mercantilism." With chopsticks dexterity, China can pick platinum from Zimbabwe; oil from Angola, Nigeria and Sudan; cocoa from Ghana; diamonds from Sierra Leone; etc. - all on its own terms.

Not to mention Chinese nationals digging for gold ILLEGALLY as well as other precious metals in Africa. We should think of China as an "it's business, not personal" partner for the motherland, not as a friend....

.... and certainly not a savior! :SuN024:

the chinese are not trustable,and are a disgustingly greedy people, however if it is the lesser of two evils so be it...all though if it is still evil guess africa has to do what they have to do.

The word tumult best describes what's going on in the homeland. It would be different, I think, had Marcus Garvey been able to complete his mission. You are right on point bro. Therious.

Last edited:
The word tumult best describes what's going on in the homeland. It would be different, I think, had Marcus Garvey has been able to complete his mission. You are right on point bro. Therious.

Word not saying Its all bad, i mean If Theyre building infastructure that can only help. Ill alter my statements to ppl can be greedy and evil not just the Chinese. Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back