Kenya : Kenya signs infrastructure, energy deals worth $5 bln with China

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
During his first visit to Africa in March, Xi pledged to help the continent develop, responding to concerns that China is only interested in shipping out the continent's raw materials.
Whomp! There it is!

Anyone who thinks China is being "altruistic" is a political neophyte. She's in Africa for her own interests. If the Africans... and I stress "if"..... are helped, cool. But first and foremost, China's interests.

As it should be. Take care of home FIRST and all..... :news:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
To feed the voracious appetite of its economic machine galloping at a dizzying 9 percent clip, China has been trolling for resources in Africa. It has spent billions of dollars securing drilling rights in Angola, Nigeria, Sudan and Angola; has exploration or extraction deals with Chad, Gabon, Mauritania, Kenya, the Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Ethiopia; and has invested in the copper industry in Zambia and Congo as well as buying timber in Gabon, Cameroon, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea and Liberia. Across Africa, Chinese companies are muscling out Western and other foreign companies, winning contracts to pave highways, build hydroelectric dams, upgrade ports, lay railway tracks and build pipelines. All these forays have been sugar-coated with euphonious anti-colonial verbiage: That China was not a colonial power in Africa. But I dismiss this as "chopsticks mercantilism." With chopsticks dexterity, China can pick platinum from Zimbabwe; oil from Angola, Nigeria and Sudan; cocoa from Ghana; diamonds from Sierra Leone; etc. - all on its own terms.
Not to mention Chinese nationals digging for gold ILLEGALLY as well as other precious metals in Africa. We should think of China as an "it's business, not personal" partner for the motherland, not as a friend....

.... and certainly not a savior! :SuN024:

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
the chinese are not trustable,and are a disgustingly greedy people, however if it is the lesser of two evils so be it...all though if it is still evil guess africa has to do what they have to do.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
the chinese are not trustable,and are a disgustingly greedy people, however if it is the lesser of two evils so be it...all though if it is still evil guess africa has to do what they have to do.

The word tumult best describes what's going on in the homeland. It would be different, I think, had Marcus Garvey been able to complete his mission. You are right on point bro. Therious.

Last edited:

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
The word tumult best describes what's going on in the homeland. It would be different, I think, had Marcus Garvey has been able to complete his mission. You are right on point bro. Therious.

Word not saying Its all bad, i mean If Theyre building infastructure that can only help. Ill alter my statements to ppl can be greedy and evil not just the Chinese. Peace

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: