Black Sports : kenny smith challenges players to put 10% of their salary into the community....

I know here in Atlanta hey have several organizations to help the community. For instance Hands of Atlanta and Habitat of Humana. I tend to give to organizations that are for Vets. There is a litany of organizations here that I would give to that directly affect the black community.

yea, i do that too, as well as donate my old clothes and deliver the church a bag of groceries at thanksgiving time. but that doesn't equate to what i think we are discussing here. what we are talking about here equates to nation building... i think.

is it possible you could extend to me the same courtesy?
what i'm having a hard time understanding is why we have such a hard time getting our nutz out the sand.
the hell with understanding what those who would deny us think, do or feel.
neely-fuller.jpg

Brothers are showing a ton of passion in this discussion and I like that. But there is an obvious fly-by between some of you and it's breaking down the thread.

This thread has potential to generate some very good information but it's not being shared because of disagreements that are keeping people stuck in the mud. How sad it would be if we were face-to-face and really trying to build a productive community and we couldn't overcome our differences to reach some helpful solutions.

If I can make a suggestion, let's focus on nation building (I like that description so thank you for that Bro. Obajoe). Let's focus on engaging with each other with respect, compassion and community purpose.

As for my PW (predominantly white) community, I'm going to have to do some research in terms of finding resources to invest in for Black people. But first, I want to support a Black bank and have been reading the threads here about that. That's my next tactical move.

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back