Honoring Black Ancestors : Ken-Norton-former-heavyweight-champion-dies

shaka64

Feb 15, 2007
africa
Occupation
Photographer
He was the second man to beat Muhammad Ali, breaking Ali's jaw and sending him to the hospital in their 1973 heavyweight fight.

Ken Norton frustrated Ali three times in all, including their final bout at Yankee Stadium where he was sure he had beaten him once again.

Norton, who died Wednesday at the age of 70, lost that fight for the heavyweight title.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9691147/ken-norton-former-heavyweight-champion-dies

117293443_1411253151.jpg

Ken Norton died 2 1/2 years ago

Sep 18, 2013 I believe

He was the second man to beat Muhammad Ali, breaking Ali's jaw and sending him to the hospital in their 1973 heavyweight fight.

Ken Norton frustrated Ali three times in all, including their final bout at Yankee Stadium where he was sure he had beaten him once again.

Norton, who died Wednesday at the age of 70, lost that fight for the heavyweight title.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9691147/ken-norton-former-heavyweight-champion-dies

Man, I was just watching an old Phil Donahue show that has Frazer, Ken, Ali, and Holmes on. Then when Ali died, I thought about that show and asked who would be next. The only two left of that magic era is Holmes, and Forman. Man, I just knew he was going to be one of man to pay his respect to Ali....

When Ali died, Forman said that him, Ali, and Frazer was one guy, and the best part of him is gone. I wasn't that much up on Norton and Holmes. But I grew up watching Frazer, Ali, And Forman.

Thank you again brutha Shaka for posting this.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back