Black People : Kemetkind: Your view of brothers from the south.

Dual Karnayn

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2005
It's sort of ironic that brothers from the South are usuallyaren't fond of ideology blameing all our problems on the white man but brothers from elsewhere are usually the ones advocating theories that every black problem has it roots in some element of white supremacy.

I wonder is there less racism in the South that accounts for this or are the brothers from the South just ready to get off the nipple.

We know racism exists all over but I also believe there is "less" racism in the South, mainly because Black people have more power politically and socially.
Which is why what's happening in New Oleans is so troubling to me.
If it can happen down there, it can happen anywhere.

Most of the hardcore racists in the south live in the rural areas and they are quite open about there views. In most urban areas whites and Blacks live more integrated. They even party together.
This is in contrast to most Northern and Midwestern cities where Blacks and whites live in segregated sections and only come together on the job.

Black people down in places like North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia are used to seeing Black men as sherrifs, police chiefs, mayors, congressman, lawyers, ect....

My cousin is a sheriff down in a Mississippi county.

Go to most major cities everywhere else and most of the judges, DA's, Lawyers, and police are white...even police that patrol Black communities tend to be mostly white.

Just like West Indians and Africans who grow up seeing thier own in positions of authority, it affects your mentality and the way you see life.
Most Black people in the South DEAL WITH racism differently when they encounter it than their counter-parts from the North and Midwest also.

But I fear things are changing for the worst among the younger generation who are under 20.

Dual Karnayn said:
We know racism exists all over but I also believe there is "less" racism in the South, mainly because Black people have more power politically and socially.
Which is why what's happening in New Oleans is so troubling to me.
If it can happen down there, it can happen anywhere.

Most of the hardcore racists in the south live in the rural areas and they are quite open about there views. In most urban areas whites and Blacks live more integrated. They even party together.
This is in contrast to most Northern and Midwestern cities where Blacks and whites live in segregated sections and only come together on the job.

Black people down in places like North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia are used to seeing Black men as sherrifs, police chiefs, mayors, congressman, lawyers, ect....

My cousin is a sheriff down in a Mississippi county.

Go to most major cities everywhere else and most of the judges, DA's, Lawyers, and police are white...even police that patrol Black communities tend to be mostly white.

Just like West Indians and Africans who grow up seeing thier own in positions of authority, it affects your mentality and the way you see life.
Most Black people in the South DEAL WITH racism differently when they encounter it than their counter-parts from the North and Midwest also.

But I fear things are changing for the worst among the younger generation who are under 20.

I feel you on this pimp thizzle. It is more racist here in Minnesota than in the South.

Manasiac

I feel you on this pimp thizzle. It is more racist here in Minnesota than in the South
I used to live in Minneapolis and I know how racist it is up there despite all the interracial dating.

Couldn't hardly stand it.

Not only were whites racist against Blacks, but the Black people were racist against eachother!

Many of the Somalis and other Africans didn't want to have anything to do with the AfroAmericans.

I was on the Northside on Broadway one night and saw police just planted behind a bus stop entrapping bruthaz and hauling them off to jail.

I don't know how they were getting them, but they were just raiding and snatching Black men one by one.
I was trying to tell some bruthaz at the barbershop what was going on and they just looked at me like "you ain't know?"

yea Dual let me give you my thoughts on this state:

"Minnesota is more in the closet about Racism than it is Homosexuality. Just because your state is gay and interracial dating friendly, does not mean it is absolved of racism" -- ManasiaC

Yea It amazes me how I am looked down upon because I prefer Black Women. This place is crazy man.

Greetings All,

I agree with ya. I'm a down south brother from Louisiana, but I lived in Minneapolis before. I lived over North on 56th and Penn. Minneapolis, I once wrote, was a science project on intolerable tolerance. There are many interracial couplings, even my cousin is married to a white woman. I concur - I was deemed weird because I loved the sistas and many Black women, those whom were relocated transplants like myself, often said it was refreshing to find a brother into them. Needless to say, I had alot of fun with Black women in Minneapolis.

However, don't pass on the South. Everything is not peaches and cream. The racism attitude has become ingrained in a social interaction that has existed for centuries. There is very unique dance between black and white folks in the south. Ironically, there is also an understanding between the two groups - everybody knows their place and no one, except those from the outside, would buck the arrangement that has been made.

Now, I'm out West and I'm amazed at how integrated Black folks are out here. It's spooky.

Blackbird

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back