Health and Wellness : Kellogg's Kashi cereal found to be full of GMOs and cancer-causing glyphosate

Clyde, thanks, that makes sense. I guess I mistakenly equated grits with white rice...LOL You know, white rice, like white bread, white sugar, white pasta, etc, are stripped of nutrition. I don't think I have ever had yellow grits. I'll look out for them when I shop tomorrow.

You really ought to try Alive & Radiant Kale Krunch. Here's the Nutritional Facts for the flavor I've been munching on today. They have 10 flavors

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 oz
Serving Per Container: 2.2
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value*

Calories 100
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7 g 11%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g 8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 260 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 6%
Iron 10%
Thiamin 20%
Riboflavin 30%
Niacin 20%
Folate 4%
Vitamin B12 8%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
2000 2500
Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
Saturated Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg

Potassium 3,500mg 3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4

http://www.iherb.com/Alive-Radiant-The-Original-Kale-Krunch-Quite-Cheezy-2-2-oz-63-g/59441

I ain't new to this Liberty, I'm true to this, been eating right for a long, long, time and getting better and better at it, yup!

You really ought to try Alive & Radiant Kale Krunch. Here's the Nutritional Facts for the flavor I've been munching on today. They have 10 flavors

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 oz
Serving Per Container: 2.2
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value*

Calories 100
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7 g 11%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g 8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 260 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 6%
Iron 10%
Thiamin 20%
Riboflavin 30%
Niacin 20%
Folate 4%
Vitamin B12 8%

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
2000 2500
Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
Saturated Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300mg
Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg

Potassium 3,500mg 3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4

http://www.iherb.com/Alive-Radiant-The-Original-Kale-Krunch-Quite-Cheezy-2-2-oz-63-g/59441

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it was, k?

I have bought Kashi before I knew about GMO's. I thought it was healthy, too. Then I was only interested in fiber content and sugar content. I didn't know about GMOs then. To think they are comparing Kashi to Fruit Loops.

I like oatmeal especially. I sometimes have as a late evening dessert. I like grits. But, I never thought of grits as being healthy. So, I don't usually buy grits. My son loves grits, though.

My favorite cereal, which I intuitively think is the best is Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereal. I also prefer their bread. Pricey, yes. But, the ingredients speak for themselves. Even the weight of the box is telling. It is not a box full of air. You can't get it at the usual grocery stores. Have to go to "Whole Paycheck". The Ital Diet, the Vegan Macrobiotic Diet, that I am trying to practice emphasizes certain grains that I am looking for on the ingredients when I shop, I have never seen mention of grits though. Might just be a regional thing. The Ezekiel 4:9 line is very healthy. It has all organic ingredients, sprouted grains, whole wheat, barley, millet, spelt, flaxseed, almonds, organic soybeans, and lentils.

Have you ever tried Kale Krunch?

827455000689-1.jpg

This is the tastiest snack food I have ever had. Taste like you are eating Doritos, but it is actually made from organic kale, organic nuts and seeds, and organic spices, different variations. They have 10 different flavors. They are nutrient rich as they are basically made from raw kale. This has been my greatest find of the year! MMmmm mmmm.
I love me some steel cut oats!

I love me some steel cut oats!

I love the Steel Cut Oatmeal, too. But, I usually get regular Quaker's Old Fashioned Oatmeal, because it is cheaper. I do not like instant Oatmeal. I always experiment adding different things to my oatmeal. Different combinations, like apples and cinnamon, nuts and berries, banana slices, peanut butter, or a little 100% maple syrup, Silk Vanilla Soy Milk. And, I never get tired of it. One thing I do that I need to stop doing is adding butter. I call it "my Oatmeal Cookie in a bowl"

The meal plan, the one I am following to the best of my ability, forbids all meat, poultry, and meat by products, including butter, cheese, cow's milk, eggs, etc., ....butter has been my weakness. I forgive myself for not being perfect. But, I am getting better at it everyday. And, I am seeing visible positive results of my efforts.

*smile*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back