Keeping It Simple

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Heartbeat, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm closer to 50 than I am to 40 but I have to say that I am in better than pretty good shape. I think one of the things I do that help keep me this way is... "I eat when I'm hungry and I sleep when I'm sleepy" I quite smoking cigarettes 12 years ago and since then I think I've had two or three colds. I don't drink and I feel good all the time. Folks don't talk about it much but plenty of fiber in the diet keeps the bad stuff out of your system. Regular bowl movements are important. Health ain't no joke. I see many brothers my age and younger who don't take care of themselves which leads to the problems they are having with weight, stamina and general appearance. There's only one of each of us....take care of you :)

BE

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    hey BE..........

Nuff said ......I care for me it's easy to see
    who i be .............thanks for dis wake up call

3. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    interesting

I'll be 28 in the morning and to tell you the truth, I can out do a whole lot of teenage girls I know as well as some just turned 20 year olds. I am very active. I work out 5 times a week cardio and weight training, skate on Thursdays, softball on Sundays as well as dancing when it strikes me.

I don't eat pork (not even pork chops), beef, drink milk and have cut back considerably on the dairy products. I have been pork free (by choice) for the last 13 or so years and beef free since 1997. Did you know that you can eat a steak in Jan. and all of it will not have passed through your system for some six months after. Have you noticed that when you do drink milk you automatically have this excess mucous build up??? We (humans) were not meant to consume or digest the milk of a cow.

I don't drink as many soft drinks as I used to and oh boy can I see a difference. I have more energy now than when I was in my twenties. I don't smoke and I have the occasional margarita. We as black folk need to take care of ourselves. Black men are the number one candidates for prostate cancer, women for breast cancer, lets not talk about high blood pressure and things of that nature. Not saying anyone has to go to the lengths that I have, but moderatiion is the key here.

My 2 cents worth anyway

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    zorb i know what u mean they don't take of self
    like we do well now days noone seem to care

5. UbZoRbShUn

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeup

have you seen an 18 year old girl who looked as if she was 30??? I have and to be honest when I was 18, I looked 18. now people think just because they are young they can eat and live however. It catches up withcha in the long run. smoking, dranking all that.

6. UbZoRbShUn

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    heyyyyyyyyy

first of all I'm glad to hear you are starting to work out again. I know you are feeling the difference. second of all if you get a black belt that means I cant talk no more smak..... but for real you betta take care of you girl

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i heard dat sistah!! good living start wit self