Black Spirituality Religion : Keep the Sabbath Holy

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Prophet Chris, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Prophet Chris

Prophet Chris Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Heart of Sabbath to one and all, just reminding all to Keep the Sabbath Holy. 6pm fri. to 6pm sat, is the day of rest unto the lord, you shall do NO WORK. "Lord of the Sabbath hear our vows, on this thy day, in this thine house." HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE JAH TASTAFARI. Bleseed Love, heart of Sabbath to one and all.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Prophet Chris ... i'm going to move this thread to the Spirituality / Religion forum, as that is what the topic speaks to. Please try to post topics in their appropriate forum, as it keeps me from having to do any extra work ... :wink:

Prophet Chris ... what religion is it that recognizes the sabbath from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Saturday?

I would imagine that some religions count the sabbath at different times.

Speaking of the sabbath, what exactly is that? Just the day of rest?

:heart:

Destee

3. startinover

startinover Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    the seventh-day is the sabbath....from sunset fri. to sunset sat.
    that is the seventh-day adventist religion but his specific times sounds like something else

4. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Was it wrong for Jews to circumcise on the Sabbath?

5. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace,

Looks like we have ourselves a Bobo-Rasta in the House. Welcome to the family brother man.

6. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Observe The Sabbath As Commanded

Accoding To Exodus 31 ; 15 , The Seventh Day Is The Sabbath Day And Keep It Holy , And In Luke 4 ; 16 , Yashua , Isa , Christ , Kept The Sabbath
    Exodus 31 ; 15 ;.....For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD . Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death.
    Luke 4; 16 ....He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read.
    Ques ; Did Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Have His Head Covered ?
    Ans ; According To 2Samuel 15 ; 30 ;...David Covered His Head , As Did All Male Descendants Of The Israelites , Which Can Also Be Found In John 7 ; 42 .... And
    2Timothy 2 ; 8 ,,, So , If Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Was Of The Seed Of David , Then He Follower The Laws And Customs Of King David's Tribe , Of Which Covering Of The Head Was One , As Found In 2Samuel 15 ; 30 ...
    2Samuel 15 ; 30 ;...But David continued up the Mount of Olives, weeping as he went; his head was covered and he was barefoot. All the people with him covered their heads too and were weeping as they went up ..
    John 7 ; 42 ....Still others asked, "How can the Christ come from Galilee? Does not the Scripture say that the Christ will come from David's family and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?"
    2Timothy 2; 8 ;....Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel
    Ques; Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Wear Tassels ?
    Ans ; HowEver , The Fact Is Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Was A Descendant Of The Tribe Of Judah And According To The Law As , Found In Number 15 ; 38 - 39 And Deuteronomy 22 ; 12 ;....The Israelites Were Commanded To Wear Fringers And Tassels , Which Hang Off Of The Clothing Like The Tallith .
    Number 15 ; 38 - 39 ;..."Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD , that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.
    Deuteronomy 22 ; 12 ;....Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear.
    Tassels And Fringers , The Prescribed Dress For Those True Followers Of The Word Of God , According To The Bible Why Aren't You So - Christian Dressing This Way
    Ques ; If You Say You Are Follower Of Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Who Kept The Laws Of Moses , , Then Why Don't You Wear Fringers And Tassels As Commanded In Numbers 15 ' 38 - 39;...
    Ans ; Fringers And Tassels , As Mentioned In Numbers 15 ; 38 - 39 , AreTo Be Worn On Your Clothes And To Be Worn To Be Seen As A Reminder Of God's Commandments . According To The Old Testament In Deuteronomy 22 ; 11 , The Garments Cannot Be Made Of Mixed Materials Such As '' Woolen '' And '' LLinens '' Together ( Exodus 34 ; 26 And Deuteronomy 14 ; 26 ) . The Reason For This Is That One Is From An Animal Source And The Other Is From A Vegetable Source . ThereFore Anything In Silk Would Have Silk Tassels , Cotton Would Have Cotton Tassels . Linen Would Have Linen Tassels Etc . Rayon Is Neutral Because It's A Synthetic Material And Blue Thread Through The Material Was Required As A Distinction .. The Golden Sash Or '' Girdle '' Is Word Around The Waist As Mentioned In Revelation 1 ; 13 ... 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest..... When John Describes The '' Golden Grirdle '' Of The Clothing Of The AngelicBeing Michael , And In Revelation 15 ; 6 ;....Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. They were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests .... Where It Describes The Dress
    Of The Seven AngelicBeing < 1 . Micha'El , 2 . Gabri'El , 3 . Uria'El , 4 . Izraaf'El , 5. Izraa'El , 6 , Uzzi'El , 7 , Zamar'El > With The Seven Plagues , It Is Referred To As The Holy Garment '' Of The Priesthood In Exodus 39 ; 29 ;... Leviticus 16 ; 4 And Revelation 16 ; 4 , This Is The Dress That Is Referred To In The Book Of
    Isaiah 52 ; 1 ;...As The '' Beautiful Garments '' And The Strength Of Zion ;...
    Ques ; Since It Was A Known Fact That Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Was A Jew
    John 4 ; 9 Did He Wear A Tallit ? ...Ans ; According To The Jewish Laws , In Which Your '' El's Holy Torah '' Says That Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Was A Jew He Had To Have Followed The Judaic Laws Which Is To Wear A Tallit . The Tallit , Which Is A Prayer Shawl , Is Usually Worn By The Distinguished Rabbis And Scholars In Which You Say Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Was A Rabbi Because Your '' Holy '' Bible In John 20 ; 16 ;.. Refers To Him As Rabboni Which Means The Same Thing As The Word Rabbi In Matthew 23; 7 - 8 ... And I Quote '' And Greeting In The Markets And To Be Called Of Men . Rabbi Rabbi . But Be Not Ye Called Rabbi ; For One Is Your Master , Even Christ , And All Ye Are Brethren ''
    John 20 ; 16 ;... Jesus Saith Unto Her , Mary , She Turned Herself , And Saith Unto
    Him Rabboni Which Is To Say Master '' < Originally The Word Tallit Meant '' Gown '' Or '' Cloak '' This Was A Rectangular Mantle That LQQked Like A Blanket And At The Four Corners Of The Tallit , Tassels Were Attached Fulfilling The Biblical Commandment Of Numbers 15 ; 38 - 41 ;...

7. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I do believe that in Judaism, Shabbatos is from dusk to dusk, Friday to Saturday. And, I think it signifies rest. There are Rabbis who take the day so seriously they do not even speak. But it means what it means.. no work. No laundry. No cooking. No grocery shopping. I think traditionally you're not allowed to bathe or have sexual intercourse of anything else during those hours. It is a holy day to be spent in prayer and meditation.

8. Prophet Chris

Ratings:
    +1

Blessed Love Destee, parden me, yes of course "Spirituality and Religion" is where I shaould have put it, adn yes I will try to post topics in their appropriate forum. Give thanks for the correction.

question:"what religion is it that recognizes the sabbath from 6 pm Friday to 6 pm Saturday?"

Yes Destee, it is that in creation Acording to African History "out of Darkness comes light", and as Startinover put it, from sun set set to sun set. so the end of the day is 6pm(to term it for the purpose of that is the lenth of our service's is 6-6 with 2-3 hour break fast) the ending of the day, and a day is 24 hours, then it begins on the eve of what we call in babylon the previous day. It is that that is the truth of the Sabbath, that is why many religions even know this, remind you which I am not a part of non of them, they differ because they have adopted my Ethiopian/African tradition and spreed it out amounst what make the religions of today, gave the people a little truth to catch there attention and hide the rest behide closed doors or in other words there freemasonry satan secret societies. Sabbath is our Tradition, for the High Priest Melchizedek(Osiris), to Imhotep to..., to Menelik II, Emmanuel is the Lord of the Sabbath, check any where you can find ancient African History, you see the Sabbath. so burn religion, We are about African Principals and Tradition (Sprirituality in flesh) we Black people are the ones who they lurned and copied and do it in there religions, and you dont? From observing the Sabbath almost all of my life, you are correct it is a day of rest, the very training of self disipline, mind over matter, through fasting principals, white robes and itire, African Drumbs (Nyahbingi - Heart beat), Singing and hand clapping, "the voice of the people is the voice of God" a stern meditation towards JAH, the very thing that is set from creation to organize us as a nation, but do we all? that is the question? anyway as you asked that is how I see it. Blessed Love Destee

9. Prophet Chris

Ratings:
    +1
    Mighty, My Lord IssaEl21, Give Thanks for such strength, it is a honour to meet you. BLessed

10. Prophet Chris

Ratings:
    +1
    JAH RASTAFARI, Blessed Love My Lord Pharaoh Jahil, give thanks for the King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God light of this World, King of Zion, Prince of Peace, Emperor of Ethiopia His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I. Give thans for Empress Menen our Mother of Creation. a joy to see Selassie son here, honour to meet you My Lord, where are you located My Lord? I am up in the cold Toronto Canada. Until we meet at Negus Feet, Blessed Love, ,HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI