Black People : Keep Marching.. Changing Things

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Aug 29, 2003.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    " If we were left solely to the wordy wit of legislators in Congress for our guidance, uncorrected by the seasonable experience and the effectual complaints of the people, America would not long retain her rank among the nations."

http://www.vcu.edu/engweb/transcendentalism/authors/thoreau/civil/

======================

I encourage every black women and man on this board to read the words of Henry David Thoreau. This man shaped attitudes of the civil rights movement and was very instrumental in creating Dr. Martin Luther King's focus.

I have read thru this tonight it is powerful. It is truthful. It is eye opening. You want to change things .. then regardless of who you are. After reading this article you will come away amazed.

You will know that any wrong you do to any man or women is a wrong against yourself, and clearly points to your lack of character.

The above quote is from the article. America has hit this mark, and lost their place in the RANK among nations. Because of RACISM. Because of GREED. Because of Hatred. Because of CORRUPTION. Because of IGNORANCE. Because of LAZINESS. Because of SLAVERY. Because of ATTITUDE. Because of GENOCIDE. Because America and members of Congress, our judges, our policeman, our lawyers and politians have all used us.

ONE AGAINST ANOTHER WHILE THEY LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.
    ======================

Every man / women must contribute. He must choose to live with self dignity. He must learn to survive without standing on another mans neck, shoulder. America and Congress must be held responsible for a solid program, and policy that changes society, them first taking a stand of no nonsense. Corruption is with them. It's given to the lower legislators and city officials who run the corrupt machine that keeps us at each others throat.

====================

More quotes from the article... SO TRUE SO TRUE
    =================
    " I quarrel not with far-off foes, but with those who, near at home, co-operate with, and do the bidding of, those far away, and without whom the latter would be harmless. "

" All voting is a sort of gaming, like checkers or backgammon, with a slight moral tinge to it, a playing with right and wrong, with moral questions; and betting naturally accompanies it. The character of the voters is not staked. I cast my vote, perchance, as I think right; but I am not vitally concerned that that right should prevail. I am willing to leave it to the majority. Its obligation, therefore, never exceeds that of expediency. "

" Even voting for the right is doing nothing for it. It is only expressing to men feebly your desire that it should prevail. A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority."