Black People : Keep Friends Close, Enemies Closer ?

Do you keep your enemies closer than your friends?

• yes

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 39 72.2%

• Total voters
Sista Destee,

My aunt Shirley tells me about when her mother in law was staying with them and became bedridden. She confessed that at first she had hated Shirley for marrying her son because she had always had it in her mind that if anything hapened to her her son would take care of her. But she said she came to love Shirley because Shirley took better care of her than her son did.

That is the beauty of human relationships. They are not static. Thhey are dynamic. You don't get all the good guys lined up over here and all the bad guys lined up over there. You don't find all your friends in one corner and all your enemies in another.

I am not saying there aren't some ugly evil piople in this world: white supremist and other psychotic psychopathic folkd. But the average person is not psycopathic. The average person is a study in contradictions trying to understand and wanting to be understood. Some do it more or less successfully than others depending on whether they properly interpret their experiences.

The purpose of knowledge is to make us better people by moving us from where we are to where we should be. That's why nothing that we learn is written in stone. As soon as we thnk we've learned our lesson something else happens to teach us the exact opposite. This is because we tend to take things to extremes. At each end of the spectrum there is a lesson that will push us back in the opposite direction untilj we learn to strike a balance. The longer it takes us to strike that balance the more frusttration and confusion we will experience in life.

Sista I have watched you grow since I came here five years ago (and it will be five years next month in March:bowdown:). And you have been a part of my own development as a person helping me to shed the pain and anger that was bottled up inside me. When the student is ready...you know the rest. We don't have to ask to be teachers. It's just when we give what's inside of us and it's what smaddy needs at the time they need it. That's how the Creater allows us to participate in creation.

It jus depends

For me it just depends on how I view this enemy. If I view this person as a major threat the answer will be yes. I will always keep them close 2 me even go as far as befriending them. In this position I can always observe them as well as lull them into a false sense of security. When the time is right, "Put in work".

If I view this person as a low threat I dont even bother myself with this person.

Just my opinion

peace,

It really makes me no difference who is kept close or who is kept at a distance for I Self Lord Am Master of my circumference at all times. Sometimes I allow enemies to get close just so they can get a better view for thmeselves. Most times our enemies are people we have never even met, but got their negative view of you from a 3rd party that poses as your friend......then, when they see and hear you for themselves their view is immidiately changed in most cases and now they are those who will be some of your closest friends!

we even experience that right here on the net everyday!

I am surrounded in my physical form as we all are by one and the same often, yet any attempts made by your enemies in any way, shape or fashion will always be made in the dark as long as they know you are the truth of what you speak and your ways and actions manifest those words.

"when truth comes falsehood must vanish, for falsehood is forever a vanishing thing"

Enough "seen on sight" said

Ma'at:luvv:​

Interesting subject! I always took that statement to mean, you keep your friends close- meaning they are all around you physically, and you keep your enemies even closer than that- which means you study them mentally. IE Studying White folks? I also believe our enemies are some of our best teachers if we are willing to consider that they are quick to pinpoint things we deny about ourselves.

This famous saying could also means that those who are the closest to you have the potential to be your enemy because they know so much about you and and thus can do the most harm. Chris Brown and Rhianna comes to mind. That idea throws a whole different meaning on the saying "love your enemies."

I love my enemy. I am my Queen's enemy when I leave the toilet seat up. She is my enemy when she uses one of my books as a coaster.

Your worst enemy could be your best friend And your best friend your worst enemy-- Bob Marley.

ike%20and%20tina.jpg

whitney-houston-bobby-brown.jpg

nm_ritchie_070412_ssv.jpg

Halle-Berry-and-Eric-Benet_.jpg

chris-and-rihanna.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back