Black People : Katrina weaker than reported

Natchez MS ......there were 2 bags of ice left in the Walmart and old girl bought them according to witnesses when she left Walmart this cat was on her to give up at least 1 bag and she wouldn't he grabbed the bag she dropped both and hit him at which time he pulled a pistol out of his right front pocket shot her once in the face and killed her...it was a .32 automatic....no information on their relationship status.

Red

Mississippi Red

Natchez MS ......there were 2 bags of ice left in the Walmart and old girl bought them according to witnesses when she left Walmart this cat was on her to give up at least 1 bag and she wouldn't he grabbed the bag she dropped both and hit him at which time he pulled a pistol out of his right front pocket shot her once in the face and killed her...it was a .32 automatic....no information on their relationship status.

Now see, this is what I mean about mis-information being spread all over the place.

Maybe we're thinking of 2 different stories but my aunt lives in Hattisburg.
I heard that right after the hurricane when the place was in shambles a man shot his SISTER over a bag of ice in HATTIESBURG.
I didn't hear anything about a woman being killed over ice in Natchez.

Here's the story on it, but I heard it before it was put out:
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/NEWS01/312/1002

If I were a betting man, I'd bet this same sort of misunderstanding was going on all over New Orleans.

My cousin is a deputy sheriff in a Mississippi county and even HE confirmed that most of what they claim was bogus bullsh*t.

Dual Karnayn said:
Mississippi Red

Now see, this is what I mean about mis-information being spread all over the place.

Maybe we're thinking of 2 different stories but my aunt lives in Hattisburg.
I heard that right after the hurricane when the place was in shambles a man shot his SISTER over a bag of ice.

I didn't hear anything about a woman being killed over ice in Natchez.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet this same sort of misunderstanding was going on all over New Orleans.

I wouldn't have believed it either except I happened to be in Natchez helping my Mama clean up our rental house that had wind and some water damage ...insurance still ain't ready to pay that claim...and on that day I happened to be walking up to the right side entrance of Walmart looking for ice for my Mama's house when this happened.....I was one of the witnesses....what I typed above (except the first sentence about 2 bags of ice being left in Walmart didn't know that until afterwards)was the exact report I gave to NPD the only part I left off was that dude ran and got into a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba (I knew it was a 78 because in 77 they had round headlights and the 78 had square headlights with two staked on each side ....) blue with white half vinyl top LA plates (wasn't sure of the tag number ) but I did see the St Aug High school bumpersticker on the left side of the rear window....it's funny because I had parked about 10 or so cars away from where he had left his car and we were parked way at the end of the lot...(he had to run a long way to get to that car man...) but at that point he headed south on Hwy 61...now if it wasn't for that I wouldn't believe it and would chalk it up to rumor ......

so you see it's not always misunderstanding or conjecture....

MississippiRed

Mississippi Red

You were down there and should know more about what went on than me.

I don't know if you have a link to the incident in Natchez, but I provided my link of what happened in Hattiesburg and my aunt confirmed it.

As far as the child rape stories in the Superdome, check out this article:

Rape and child murder in New Orleans

In early September, media reports of the natural disaster caused by Hurricane Katrina were soon being spiced with graphic accounts of man-made horrors inside the Superdome and convention centre, where thousands of evacuees from the city were sheltering.

The world media quoted one woman's claim that 'There is rapes going on here. Women cannot go to the bathroom without men. They are raping them and slitting their throats', and another's account of finding the body of a 14-year-old girl whom she said had been 'raped for four hours until she was dead. Another child, a seven-year-old boy, was found raped and murdered in the kitchen freezer last night'. The BBC News website reported how a National Guardsman at the Superdome had 'confirmed the brutal reality of life after Katrina: "We found a young girl raped and killed in the bathroom. Then the crowd got the man and they beat him to death."'

The mayor of New Orleans went on national television to tell Oprah Winfrey that people had been 'in the frickin' Superdome for five days watching dead bodies, watching hooligans killing people, raping people'. New Orleans police chief Edwin P Compass III described tourists being preyed upon by criminals at the convention centre: 'They are beating, they are raping them in the streets.'

Yet as the waters subsided, 'the reality of life after Katrina' appeared rather different. Crimes were committed in New Orleans and conditions inside the shelters had been unbearably grim. But police chief Compass now changed his tune about what had happened inside the Superdome and the convention centre, announcing that, 'We have no official reports to document any murder. Not one official report of rape or sexual assault'. Soon afterwards, he resigned. It turned out that, during the six days when the Superdome was used as a shelter, the head of the city police force's sex crimes unit had lived inside with his men. They 'chased down' every alleged incident, made two arrests for attempted sexual assault, and concluded that the rest had not happened.

The American media has now launched its own inquest into how it managed wrongly to convict impoverished black evacuees of mass rape and murder. One senior New Orleans police officer says 'It's urban legend. You put 25,000 people under one roof, with no running water, no electricity and no information, stories get told'. True, but that doesn't explain why these stories were immediately reported everywhere as good coin. Or why they seem to have been re-told by senior officials.

http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/0000000CAE02.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back