Black People : Kat Calls

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UPTOWNE, Nov 24, 2001.

1. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    The other day I was strolling down a street in midtown NYC I noticed many beautiful women some sexy some stunning some classy some trashy. Usually when I am in the company of a fine woman I just have to say something anything. I am mindful and respectful I say things like "I love your hair"( knowing that she done got her hair did and knows its the shiiiiiii) or "lovely outfit" (knowing that she put this gear together and she knows she's fly) Sometimes I get a "thank you" and sometimes I get a roll of the eyes (like I know your poor broke *** ain't talking to me) either way when I see a fine looking sistah I always try to pass a compliment NOT a RAP a COMPLIMENT. Sometimes if I feel its inappropriate to speak I might give a long stare and have a lewd thought (ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah lewd)

Now when I see women dressed trashy sleazy or skeezy I don't say a word (but I wonder dam didn't she look in the mirror before she went out the door? she 's just doing that for attention.) Then I see Men makin KAT calls talking bout their body parts and yelling what they want to do with them. "Ca mere baby gimme somma dat" "work that baby!" Gurl you like a chicken bone I wanna lick it" and I see women get pissed and some even shout back foul insults some just look hurt.

Now yawl can stuff it off and say that those women were Ghetto Fabulous or Chicken Heads or Hochie's but we all know that is not the case I've see some very refined women cross the line. But that makes no never mind my real question is............

Ladies, what is that you like and what is that you don't like what is your reaction to a KAT CALL? Do ya like the attention or would you rather the men just look and don't mention? I mean you got all gussied up what is that you were looking for what is it that you really want? (be honest)

Here Kitty Kitty!

this is UPTOWNE baby! (and ahhhhhhhhhh why do they call it KAT CALLS?)

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well done UPTOWNE and welcome

welcome wit dis str8 point as i await da ladies answers!
    :toast: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :toast:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :wave: Haaaaaaaaaaay UPPIE :wave:

Thanks for starting this thread, it is certainly vintage UPPIE :wink:

Being the woman that I am, I don't have any problems with the admiration shown by men. I think it's a very natural phenomena and am flattered when showered with positive attention. I think it is like any other show of kindness, doesn't have to be done, so I'm usually grateful. Of course this does not include the obscence, lewd, and/or perverted remarks.

What I have ABSOLUTELY no tolerance of, is touching me, in any way shape, form or fashion (as a matter of fact, I don't even want them in my "personal space," standing too close). There are some men that feel it is okay to casually place their hand on an arm or back or around a shoulder or take your hand in theirs ... as they discuss how attracted they are. This is a great violation and met immediately with a kung-fu kick to da groin, an elbow to the back as he's doubled over, which sends him plummeting to the ground, and ... oh, skuze me ... <straightening my skirt> ... whew ... hehehehe ... :lol:

Really truly, a gentleman knows how to let a lady know that he finds her attractive (physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.) and it is always received warmly ... that someone sees me in such a positive light and takes the time to share it.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Kemetstry ...

because you (they) have not been given permission to touch me.

5. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    as long as the brotha is respectful

and it's done in a classy way. Schyt erry woman loves to be paid a compliment. I know I do. Not that I go looking or anything, but if my schyt 2gedda then hell yeah I'd love a Kat Call or two. I agree with Destee, you can holla all you want as long as you don't get in my personal space cause I just may hafta go to my pocket and cut yo ***:D

One

6. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do not call me if you do not know me.

Period. I cannot think of a situation where a cat call would be appropriate. It is disrespectful and annoying in ALL cases. Besides, I find it tacky to yell in public (unless hailing a Taxi or attempting to alert someone to danger). Even if the person knows me, he should walk over to where I am rather than shout my name through the crowd or up the street or what have you.

Unless I hear my name clearly, I don't even turn around. It is so low class to stop a woman you don't know from Ysis, interrupting whatever she is trying to do or wherever she is trying to get to, simply because you think she looks attractive. Chances are, unless she is desperate or loose she is not going to give you her contact information just for a date anyway.

Now I can take a compliment and even an approach from a stranger, but the compliment has to be sincere and tactful, and the approach has to be mature, intelligent and classy. Also, it helps if it is in a setting where it would be appropriate, such as a function or establishment where there are common acquaintances.

I don't know how many times I have had the displeasure of being approached by an employee in an establishment I have patronized. How tacky. Especially if I am trying to dine or shop in peace when an employee stares me down or approaches me. Staring is a major turnoff as well.

7. Mike Ramey

Mike Ramey Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    And, let's not forget about 'some' customers!

Nia: I agree with you sis!

BUT...There is another side to this, too. On my job, I've seen more than a few clients and customers trying to stare a hole in US; which is truly tacky.

I'm at work, to work! So are my co-workers and supervisors. The one thing we don't need is someone trying to 'scope' us out, especially when you can SEE on the third finger of my left hand that I AM wearing the HARDWARE! It's big enough, bold enough, and GOLD enough!

Destee: You are ON the money, sis. NO ONE has the right to 'touch on you'. I don't care HOW they may 'think' they can, THEY CAN'T. And, THIS also goes for the sisters who want to try that 'innocent brush up against the brother' bit on the job.

Great topic! Any more takers out there?

Mike Ramey

8. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    As always, Mike Ramey ON POINT!

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well said brutha Mike ......... and Destee is right on point too
    no one has da rite too touch no one !!

10. Nia Maishani

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not so fast.....

I would not be so extreme as to say "NO ONE" has the right...

...Maxwell has the right...Supercat has the right...Dwayne Wiggins...Taye Diggs...Tyrese...Mark Howard...(I'd better stop there in order to uphold my rep.)

:angel1: