Black Sports : Kareem Abdul Jabbar weighs in on Sterling Controversy (dynamite read!)

Kadijah

BANNED
Apr 7, 2013
Moral outrage is exhausting. And dangerous. The whole country has gotten a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome from the newest popular sport of Extreme Finger Wagging. Not to mention the neck strain from Olympic tryouts for Morally Superior Head Shaking. All over the latest in a long line of rich white celebrities to come out of the racist closet. (Was it only a couple days ago that Cliven Bundy said blacks would be better off picking cotton as slaves? And only last June Paula Deen admitted using the “N” word?)
Yes, I’m angry, too, but not just about the sins of Donald Sterling. I’ve got a list. But let’s start with Sterling. I used to work for him, back in 2000 when I coached for the Clippers for three months.

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

10269213_712775225441692_3698829040060349229_o.jpg

Moral outrage is exhausting. And dangerous. The whole country has gotten a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome from the newest popular sport of Extreme Finger Wagging. Not to mention the neck strain from Olympic tryouts for Morally Superior Head Shaking. All over the latest in a long line of rich white celebrities to come out of the racist closet. (Was it only a couple days ago that Cliven Bundy said blacks would be better off picking cotton as slaves? And only last June Paula Deen admitted using the “N” word?)
Yes, I’m angry, too, but not just about the sins of Donald Sterling. I’ve got a list. But let’s start with Sterling. I used to work for him, back in 2000 when I coached for the Clippers for three months.

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

Correct, it is a dynamite read, thanks for posting and sharing. Aside, Kareem got writing skills, knew about him reading a lot, even his book, but this piece was really done creatively.

Correct, it is a dynamite read, thanks for posting and sharing. Aside, Kareem got writing skills, knew about him reading a lot, even his book, but this piece was really done creatively.

The thing about Jabbar, well first off, you're absolutely right about his writing skills. They are first-rate. But most of all, his intelligence shows through.... which is what makes his thoughts and perspective so compelling. They are not the musings of someone in the grip of emotionalism or with something to prove. He dissects the matter thoroughly, even to the point of comparing Stiviano's taping of their conversations to NSA wire-tapping. Every word he wrote contributes to the conversation.

The thing about Jabbar, well first off, you're absolutely right about his 'writing skills.' They are first-rate. But most of all, his intelligence shows through.... which is what makes his thoughts and perspective so compelling. They are not the musings of someone in the grip of emotionalism or with something to 'prove.' He dissects the matter thoroughly, even to the point of comparing Stiviano's taping of their conversations to NSA wire-tapping. Every word he wrote contributes to the conversation.

For sure, based on his intellect, he's a phenomenal writer. And, he's been my role model/idol since he was born, Lew Alcindor. On a side bar note, I never thought I'd see anyone block his "sky hook" until Chamberlain did it, what a sight it was. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back