Black History : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar compares national anthem to songs of slavery

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar compares national anthem to songs of slavery

1526891496626.jpg

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

...“Slaves are generally expected to sing as well as to work.” Abdul-Jabbar wrote, adding slaves had to sing their “oppressor’s feel-good songs” as well.
He wrote that the “Star-Spangled Banner” is the song that President Trump – the oppressor – is demanding to be sung.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ompares-national-anthem-to-songs-slavery.html
1534342125893.jpg

Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Robert Quinn raises his fist during the national anthem. (AP)

All I can do is :facepalm:

684e21e17b718bb2e6dfa4d710a706a6

There were at least six early slave voyages from the Cape Verde Islands off the West African coast to the Caribbean between 1518 and 1530, laden with Black African captives acquired by Cape Verdean slave traders: Wikimedia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/details-horrific-first-voyages-transatlantic-073035519.html
Details of horrific first voyages in transatlantic slave trade revealed

David Keys

The Independent

...Exactly five centuries ago – on 18 August 1518 (28 August 1518, if they had been using our modern Gregorian calendar) – the King of Spain, Charles I, issued a charter authorising the transportation of slaves direct from Africa to the Americas.

5d1123b407b67cce7e1ca2b05a402b85

The royal document which launched the Africa to Americas transatlantic slave trade exactly 500 years ago. Issued by the Spanish King, Charles I, its horrific consequences lasted for 350 years (Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Government of Spain/Archivo General de Indias)

cd9f5cb75941cbebd1308a67d0c23448

Portrait of Charles I of Spain, ruler of the Holy Roman Empire (Wikimedia)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back