Black Entertainment : Kanye West

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by SayWord, Feb 6, 2004.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Ladies and Gentleman...the future of hip hop...Kanye West.

I just listened to his album. OMG!!!! The man is crazy. His album is so, it's so, [email protected], words haven't been invented yet to describe it. So I'm just going to use the term :new: . He has a style all his own. His music is hot, educational, powerful, funny, entertaining. I'm trying to get everyone to feel this man. Jesus Walks, the Kanye West Work Out Tape, Through the Wire. Hit after hit. He also drops some serious knowledge :teach: . You get everything from his album. Support this man. We talk all the time about how hip hop is becoming diluted and is preaching ignorace and there are too many out there talking about the same thing. But Kanye is the truth. He's the future. He's what hip hop should be about. Support this man. Support real music.

Ladies and Gentleman...the future of hip hop..Kanye West.

2. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace

Kayne West is wicked...

He was on 106&Park Prime time last night and he spit a verse from his album and man was it SICK....STRAIGHT FIYAH. I remember when he freestyled battle Common and this kid was comin' with some ill punchlines, rockin' the mic. ..He also use to produce alot of flava for Rawkus Records, now he's with the R.O.C...It's about time he gets out the shadow and into the spot light...

3. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah...he does a lot of work. He worked on Talbi Kweli's Quality album. He worked on the Black Album. he worked on the the Diary of Alicia Keys. He is also doing some work right now with Janet Jackson and Brittney Spears. The man is everywhere. He's been sick since he was working with NO ID out in Chicago. If people really listen to him, he has a chance to really change the game. Kanye West is :hot:

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, the cd is nice. He's definately someone you'd want to support. I think that we need someone to rap about more than the usually B/S. I love the track with Talib and Common. They all bring it on that one. It's a pretty good cd though. Better than most cd's out there now days. I look forward to his next one if there is one...hopefully.

5. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Kente...I thought me and my boy Jah were the only ones up on Kanye. The man is something special. I'm glad more people are supporting his music.

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Hey Sayword and Jah, no problem brothas. Hey, do you think his CD was better than Talib or Mos or Common? Better question....who's the baddest MC out right now in your opinions? I like Talib because of the way he raps. I don't think anyone can touch him. He speaks on real stuff and he delivers it in such a creative way it makes you want to listen. What do you guys think?

7. SayWord

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it's either Mos or Talib. They are both on a different level. Both very knowledgable brothers. It's hard to swing either way on this one. As far as pure talent, I would have to say Mos. I think he's had a bigger impact in Hip Hop. He's stayed down with the struggle even though he's tapped into the main stream at times. Lyrically, they are about equal. Kanye is moving up on their level. Give him a year or two. Common is nice. Better than Kanye, but still behind Mos and Talib.

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, I hear that. I like Talib's CD better than Mos's. I think Mos is one of the top MC's as is Common and Talib. I still have to go with Talib though. They're all nice though. What do you guys think of Dead Prez?? I got their last CD "Get free or die trying". I really wasn't feeling it that much. I heard some of their other stuff and it was better than this one. Plus they had a lot of different people on the CD, wasn't just Dead Prez. I think they're pretty tyte too. Not as tyte as Mos, Kweli oe Common, but they speak on some interesting issues.

9. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace

Between Mos and Talib, Well Mos has a better flow, Talib has a better delivery though. Isn't Mos suppost to be droppin' a new album this year? Overall, Mos Def because I could relate to his music. Even though Common seem to be on some ol' Hippie vibe, he is still one of my favorite emcees. His album "Electric Circus" was really different from the rest of his work but I was bumpin' it for a kool minute. I still remember that battle with him and Kayne West though. Boy, was Kanye comin' with it. Dead Prez is Hot, but I still haven't heard their latest "Get Free or Die Tryin'". I've heard it was on point. Their last album "Turn off the Radio" didn't do so well but I was bangin' it everyday. I'll like to see K West produce and do a track with them. Imagine that!!