Law Forum : KAEPERNICK FILES GRIEVANCE

I think it's like this NNQueen. When Trayvon Martin was summarily assassinated by George "Jorge" Michael Zimmerman in 2012 a year later Stevie Wonder demanded that all Black entertainers boycott Florida venues as paid participants or spectators and within the year Jay-Z and Beyonce performed at South Beach in Miami. Other notable A-List Black performers followed suit and I don't know if contractual obligations committed them to it but that's what transpired. You know, money and all, can't disappoint our fan base so they say.

Fans are their "bread and butter", I get that. But, what principles will they stand firm on and never compromise? What will they use their money, power and influence to wield as a mighty sword? And, last I heard, Jay/Bey are billionaires. I'm sure they can afford to pay off a contract if they needed to break it to uphold their principles, especially if it was for the good of their people overall. BUT...I guess they wouldn't agree with anyone who thinks like that...

1566495421625.png1566495584378.png

Cruelty, self aggrandizement, greed and mockery are one of our peoples most embarrassing characteristic flaws. Shame.

It was all about the money. If it wasn't Jay Z, then it would have been someone else. Jay Z saw $$$$.

Jay Z grew up in another generation. Those before him paved the way for him and others in his generation to be successful. Sticking together and standing for a cause is not as important to him and many in his generation as making $$$$ and being shown to the world that blacks can be billionaires as well. And with money their is power.

we have a bunch of rich negroes in the US.

can you tell me how their 'power' has been used to help black people ?????

They have power and influence to a degree. And it is more with black folks than white folks.

No, most don't do a thing for their black community (I like what Magic did). It would be great to see them unite and start doing something together like building schools, educating ex-felons, creating jobs, etc. but greed and selfishness stands in the way or a lack of love for oneself and their people, as well as pride and egos.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back