Law Forum : KAEPERNICK FILES GRIEVANCE

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
So......Jay Z claims to support what Colin did by kneeling during the National Anthem, is what Jay Z doing with the NFL take social change to the next level as he has stated? I heard that Jermaine Dupree was offered the same deal with the NFL and Jay Z told him not to take it, but Jay Z did. Do you think that Jay Z and Beyonce are culture leaders as some people describe them?

The NFL sucker punched Colin and thanks to #45 his name is mud as far as they are concerned.

Why can't wealthy Black people like Jay Z pool their resources to create a competitive league and give Colin a job?

Wow...Black people can't get reparations...can't get a job...what next?:bye:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
So......Jay Z claims to support what Colin did by kneeling during the National Anthem, is what Jay Z doing with the NFL take social change to the next level as he has stated? I heard that Jermaine Dupree was offered the same deal with the NFL and Jay Z told him not to take it, but Jay Z did. Do you think that Jay Z and Beyonce are culture leaders as some people describe them?

The NFL sucker punched Colin and thanks to #45 his name is mud as far as they are concerned.

Why can't wealthy Black people like Jay Z pool their resources to create a competitive league and give Colin a job?

Wow...Black people can't get reparations...can't get a job...what next?:bye:
I think it's like this NNQueen. When Trayvon Martin was summarily assassinated by George "Jorge" Michael Zimmerman in 2012 a year later Stevie Wonder demanded that all Black entertainers boycott Florida venues as paid participants or spectators and within the year Jay-Z and Beyonce performed at South Beach in Miami. Other notable A-List Black performers followed suit and I don't know if contractual obligations committed them to it but that's what transpired. You know, money and all, can't disappoint our fan base so they say.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I think it's like this NNQueen. When Trayvon Martin was summarily assassinated by George "Jorge" Michael Zimmerman in 2012 a year later Stevie Wonder demanded that all Black entertainers boycott Florida venues as paid participants or spectators and within the year Jay-Z and Beyonce performed at South Beach in Miami. Other notable A-List Black performers followed suit and I don't know if contractual obligations committed them to it but that's what transpired. You know, money and all, can't disappoint our fan base so they say.
Fans are their "bread and butter", I get that. But, what principles will they stand firm on and never compromise? What will they use their money, power and influence to wield as a mighty sword? And, last I heard, Jay/Bey are billionaires. I'm sure they can afford to pay off a contract if they needed to break it to uphold their principles, especially if it was for the good of their people overall. BUT...I guess they wouldn't agree with anyone who thinks like that...

1566495421625.png1566495584378.png

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Fans are their "bread and butter", I get that. But, what principles will they stand firm on and never compromise? What will they use their money, power and influence to wield as a mighty sword? And, last I heard, Jay/Bey are billionaires. I'm sure they can afford to pay off a contract if they needed to break it to uphold their principles, especially if it was for the good of their people overall. BUT...I guess they wouldn't agree with anyone who thinks like that...

View attachment 17713View attachment 17714
True true true NNQueen. This exact issue came up on The Tom Joyner Morning Show and the popular consensus was Stevie had no right to demand anything of anybody. I guess many A-List Black Rap Icons felt that on a slow news day he should have just suggested or maybe just made some kind of obscure statement to TMZ or BET that he was going to boycott Florida venues that solicited Black entertainers. Bottom line it was obviously a TJMS bash on Stevie because for the next 10 minutes they dogged him about his antics and how everybody was avoiding him on one of Toms cruises. Cruelty, self aggrandizement, greed and mockery are one of our peoples most embarrassing characteristic flaws. Shame.

Fireman

May 19, 2017
Cruelty, self aggrandizement, greed and mockery are one of our peoples most embarrassing characteristic flaws. Shame.
It was all about the money. If it wasn't Jay Z, then it would have been someone else. Jay Z saw $$$$.

Jay Z grew up in another generation. Those before him paved the way for him and others in his generation to be successful. Sticking together and standing for a cause is not as important to him and many in his generation as making $$$$ and being shown to the world that blacks can be billionaires as well. And with money their is power.

Fireman

May 19, 2017
we have a bunch of rich negroes in the US.

can you tell me how their 'power' has been used to help black people ?????
They have power and influence to a degree. And it is more with black folks than white folks.

No, most don't do a thing for their black community (I like what Magic did). It would be great to see them unite and start doing something together like building schools, educating ex-felons, creating jobs, etc. but greed and selfishness stands in the way or a lack of love for oneself and their people, as well as pride and egos.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: