Black People : Just Who Is Looking Out For Our Best Interests?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Sep 13, 2012.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    If there was and is something that characterizes the mainstream media: We too are presumed and assumed to merely be reflections of extreme takes on everybody and everything...

Dare I to suggest that's far from the truth?

Instead, the premise undermines any attempt of rational people to make peace, engage in mutually respectful dialogues and debates, even above and beyond unquestioned support of abortion on demand or no exceptions for even rape victims to halt an unplanned pregnancy....

Some other folk actually have undermined our actions and thinking, etc., for the sake of promoting some interest groups agenda, whatever the merits of the cause, etc.

I. e., we have been reduced down to 'correct' takes on everything, to just being spectators etc., hence the very notion of 'getting involved' (actually doing something to make a difference) is merely considered an option, not always necessary...

More the the point:

I have yet to hear or read either party saying what they intend to do about the plight of this nation's have nots anymore...

All I have heard or read notions of promoting folks right to just get rich, i. e., 'live the American Dream', whereas one party would dare to cut benefits to the poor to balance the U. S. budget...

My and the point:

Where has the very idea of looking out for the best interests of 'we the people' disappeared to?

You tell me!

FYI...

2. Killuminati

Killuminati Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^Relax and clearly explain the topic please.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Just what are the standards we (the people) judge these latest candidates for the president and vice president of this nation on the basis of?

To say the least, even the motives of the media pundits, etc., are subject to our criticism and scrunity, i. e., who dare to talk down to us, like we were born 'brain dead', put it all on the level of popularity contests, don't seem or sound like they even know what the issues/problems/etc. we're concerned and worried about...

Some 'experts'...

SMH

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just looking out for your best interest