Black People : Just who and what are we?

"invent grand origins"! Are you serious? ;) Afrikans don't have to invent grand origins, it's a fact! We were the first people to populate planet earth! You obvisously haven't read very much Afrikan History, and seem to be running from your Afrikan ethnic identity! FYI, Afrikan History did not start in chattle slavery in America. :) See what happens when you try to teach before you do your homework? :) You just spread confusion.

Read some of these threads. We've got threads about Africans who were supposedly masters of space and time, and all other manner of nonsense. As for the rest of your assertions, I never made any of those claims nor do I really care about half-cocked assessments of my knowledge of African history.

Fact of the matter is plenty of supposedly pro-Black people look at the achievements and history of Blacks and decide no that's not good enough and attempt to co-opt everything into being African and making up outlandish things that would be at home in science fiction novels. To me, that's insecurity and running away from one's ethnic identity.

You've been a member of the Destee family since 2001, and no-one has helped you answer your question? :confused: What happened to the wise ole sages on this site? :) Oh well, for what it's worth we are AFRIKANS, plain and simple as that!

sekou kasimu:

If "we are AFRIKANS" truly answered the question, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Like everyone else, we are a people with issues. i outlined a few of those issues. DOES THAT LESSEN THE OLE SAGES VIEW OF ME? the AFRICANS i've been associated with, are quick to label us as black, not AFRICAN. they are just as quick to say, "I AM NOT A BLACK MAN, I'M AFRICAN." to them, we have been LESSENED by our "blackness," by our "american-ness."

my response wasn't about where we're from...as much as who we've become. yet, you choose to think me "ignorant," and my longevity on this site "a waist of everyone's time." is that because you do not believe that i should have a view of my own?

WE know our heritage, I don't need you to tell me that. what i need you to tell me is how we can get away from the "actions" i've outlined. in all your wisdom, do you have an answer for that? i think that would be more helpful than telling us something everyone knows. or, does my ignorance forbid my asking such a question?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back