Black People : Just who and what are we?

We are a people who have been torn apart in so many ways that I do not foresee a “coming together” of our people any time soon.

This isn’t meant to further tear us down.

We, as a people, have no unity. We would kill our brothers as quickly as we shake his hand. ARE WE THAT ANGRY? We are quick to point out our enemies—everyone other than us—yet, we are ready to kill each other at the drop of a hat. Even on this site, we’re at each other’s throats. Our young men have to prove they’re the bad-dest in the land. Our young women call each other ******* and whores. And these are the people raising the next generation of us.

Who are we?

Do we even know?

We don’t support black business. We don’t encourage community growth. And, we don’t give to build us up. We’re selfish to the degree that, if it’s not about “us,”—the individual—“we” don’t want to have anything to do with it.

What are we?

It’s not a question to be taken lightly, but it’s not one with an easy answer, either.

You've been a member of the Destee family since 2001, and no-one has helped you answer your question? :confused: What happened to the wise ole sages on this site? :) Oh well, for what it's worth we are AFRIKANS, plain and simple as that!

Thanks everyone that contributed. I know this is going to sound simple and non specific but for me...

I am just a Black man and my origins arise from wherever Black folks' origins arise. I don't claim origins from anything fanciful or that my heart can not confidently confirm as true yet I am still magnificent and the envy the world over. Whatever my origins may be, that is what I am.

What I do know is that my maternal grandmother's maternal great grandmother's mother came to America from Africa at the age of 8 as a captive with her two brothers and toiled as a slave.This ancestress was a child of Allada - the preslavery homeland of my ancestors. Before that time, I do not know but I am a Black man born in America.

There seems to be so much confusion in the Black community regarding our origins. It's no secret what my thoughts are but I see a diversity of opinions; as a result, I am curious to what others feel our origins are - West African, African, Egyptian, Nubian, Hebrew Israelites, Arabian, Muurs (Olmec), Ta-Setian, Atlantean, Tribe of Judah and everything else underneath the sun.

So just who and what are we as Black folks?
Some of us are the children of God.

Thanks everyone that contributed. I know this is going to sound simple and non specific but for me...

I am just a Black man and my origins arise from wherever Black folks' origins arise. I don't claim origins from anything fanciful or that my heart can not confidently confirm as true yet I am still magnificent and the envy the world over. Whatever my origins may be, that is what I am.

What I do know is that my maternal grandmother's maternal great grandmother's mother came to America from Africa at the age of 8 as a captive with her two brothers and toiled as a slave.This ancestress was a child of Allada - the preslavery homeland of my ancestors. Before that time, I do not know but I am a Black man born in America.

I think being a Black American counts as an origin as well. There's a pretty rich history and culture there. It came with the things ancestors brought with them and blossomed under some of the harshest and brutal conditions.

To some people, this isn't good enough though so they start to invent grand origins and I think that's an indication of some self-hatred there.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back