Black Spirituality Religion : Just What Do You Expect From The Black Church?

Black church, Black community, Black teens, Black businesses are nothing more nor less then a sign of the times;:time:
for those who understand that history is a clock that people use to tell there political and cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. History tells a people where they have been and what they have been, where they are and what they are. Most important, history tells a people where they still must go, what they still must be.

Then look at all three, and what they were doing how they acted and inter reacted;
1 during Black reconstruction
2 during the Harlem Renaissance
3 during the civil rights movement, Black power movement and Afrocentric movement

4 And then today; today's Black churches are rare and scarce but the negro hip hop edifices of "churchianity" are a dime a dozen, and as in the past they represent the midset and paradigm of the present post 9/11 materialistic anti unity culture; at best doing good works for their local communities; summer camp, after school programs, tutoring, mentoring, food pantries, soup kitchens, free health screenings, prison oiutreach, gang recidivism, pregnant teen counseling, marriage counseling, voter registration, and
at their worst, unable to unite for any Black issue on a citywide basis.

Black church, Black community, Black teens, Black businesses are nothing more nor less then a sign of the times;:time:
for those who understand that history is a clock that people use to tell there political and cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. History tells a people where they have been and what they have been, where they are and what they are. Most important, history tells a people where they still must go, what they still must be.

Chuck:

Maybe you aren't the only one who knew that too...

Then look at all three, and what they were doing how they acted and inter reacted;
1 during Black reconstruction
2 during the Harlem Renaissance
3 during the civil rights movement, Black power movement and Afrocentric movement

Chuck:

Hmmm....

4 And then today; today's Black churches are rare and scarce but the negro hip hop edifices of "churchianity" are a dime a dozen, and as in the past they represent the midset and paradigm of the present post 9/11 materialistic anti unity culture; at best doing good works for their local communities; summer camp, after school programs, tutoring, mentoring, food pantries, soup kitchens, free health screenings, prison oiutreach, gang recidivism, pregnant teen counseling, marriage counseling, voter registration, and
at their worst, unable to unite for any Black issue on a citywide basis.

Chuck:

Yes, perhaps some folks fond memories of the traditional black church have to be contrasted with the 'church of what's happening' now, but just because the last of the aformentioned ones don't measure up to your (or other folks) standards here hardly justifies taking cheap shots at them, nor is bound to sway their membership over to your point of view....

And, what IS the point of only begrudgingly giving them props, when there's no attempt to give a little to get a lot, i. e., them taking seriously anything new you have yet to propose, in the way of resolutions to the things you claim their approaches fall short of accomplishing?

If they are doing anything at all, they are the exceptions, whereas the norms of do nothing black elected officials etc. are a given, around places and spaces people like me have to cope and deal in the midst of....

Nobody likes being bullied-- or talked down to--since most of us here are adults--not accustomed to being treated like rebellious children ad naseum...

And, by their very nature, our past true leaders have been humble as well as true servants of our people, etc.

So do provide a more positive example of leadership...

And, be let's try to be more for real about ALL of what we're up against, as individuals and as a people, in the states, etc.

FYI...

Chuck:

Yes, perhaps some folks fond memories of the traditional black church have to be contrasted with the 'church of what's happening' now, but just because the last of the aformentioned ones don't measure up to your (or other folks) standards here hardly justifies taking cheap shots at them, nor is bound to sway their membership over to your point of view....

And, what IS the point of only begrudgingly giving them props, when there's no attempt to give a little to get a lot, i. e., them taking seriously anything new you have yet to propose, in the way of resolutions to the things you claim their approaches fall short of accomplishing?

If they are doing anything at all, they are the exceptions, whereas the norms of do nothing black elected officials etc. are a given, around places and spaces people like me have to cope and deal in the midst of....

Nobody likes being bullied-- or talked down to--since most of us here are adults--not accustomed to being treated like rebellious children ad naseum...

And, by their very nature, our past true leaders have been humble as well as true servants of our people, etc.

So do provide a more positive example of leadership...

And, be let's try to be more for real about ALL of what we're up against, as individuals and as a people, in the states, etc.

FYI...
Who you yelling at bruh! All those things I mentioned I work and contribute to on a weekly and monthly basis in the communities were I live, what have you been doing other then preaching and pointing fingers, cause your post is not about the acomplishments, as I have listed, but an acusatory question! As for Bludog, I read his stuff daily on Black Knowledge on FB! And any Black man that refers to himself as dog, I have to question, whether it is Dr Watkins or anyone else! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

You come here and pick fights, then you try foul?

You flaunt your alleged credentials, but exibit disrespect, whenever somebody doesn't measure up to your self serving standards?!?

I'm not the one coming across as less than honest and sincere etc., as the typical poster, on these threads, etc.

Now you got a lot to prove to more than just me...

Otherwise what is being revealed is you're a relic of the past...

Doesn't matter whatever you choose to claim about my motives etc.

SMH

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back