Black Spirituality Religion : Just What Do You Expect From The Black Church?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by chuck, Jun 9, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
  2. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Black church, Black community, Black teens, Black businesses are nothing more nor less then a sign of the times;:time:
    for those who understand that history is a clock that people use to tell there political and cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. History tells a people where they have been and what they have been, where they are and what they are. Most important, history tells a people where they still must go, what they still must be.

Then look at all three, and what they were doing how they acted and inter reacted;
    1 during Black reconstruction
    2 during the Harlem Renaissance
    3 during the civil rights movement, Black power movement and Afrocentric movement

4 And then today; today's Black churches are rare and scarce but the negro hip hop edifices of "churchianity" are a dime a dozen, and as in the past they represent the midset and paradigm of the present post 9/11 materialistic anti unity culture; at best doing good works for their local communities; summer camp, after school programs, tutoring, mentoring, food pantries, soup kitchens, free health screenings, prison oiutreach, gang recidivism, pregnant teen counseling, marriage counseling, voter registration, and
    at their worst, unable to unite for any Black issue on a citywide basis.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Chuck:

Yes, perhaps some folks fond memories of the traditional black church have to be contrasted with the 'church of what's happening' now, but just because the last of the aformentioned ones don't measure up to your (or other folks) standards here hardly justifies taking cheap shots at them, nor is bound to sway their membership over to your point of view....

And, what IS the point of only begrudgingly giving them props, when there's no attempt to give a little to get a lot, i. e., them taking seriously anything new you have yet to propose, in the way of resolutions to the things you claim their approaches fall short of accomplishing?

If they are doing anything at all, they are the exceptions, whereas the norms of do nothing black elected officials etc. are a given, around places and spaces people like me have to cope and deal in the midst of....

Nobody likes being bullied-- or talked down to--since most of us here are adults--not accustomed to being treated like rebellious children ad naseum...

And, by their very nature, our past true leaders have been humble as well as true servants of our people, etc.

So do provide a more positive example of leadership...

And, be let's try to be more for real about ALL of what we're up against, as individuals and as a people, in the states, etc.

FYI...

4. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Who you yelling at bruh! All those things I mentioned I work and contribute to on a weekly and monthly basis in the communities were I live, what have you been doing other then preaching and pointing fingers, cause your post is not about the acomplishments, as I have listed, but an acusatory question! As for Bludog, I read his stuff daily on Black Knowledge on FB! And any Black man that refers to himself as dog, I have to question, whether it is Dr Watkins or anyone else! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    You come here and pick fights, then you try foul?

You flaunt your alleged credentials, but exibit disrespect, whenever somebody doesn't measure up to your self serving standards?!?

I'm not the one coming across as less than honest and sincere etc., as the typical poster, on these threads, etc.

Now you got a lot to prove to more than just me...

Otherwise what is being revealed is you're a relic of the past...

Doesn't matter whatever you choose to claim about my motives etc.

SMH

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Why would you knitpick to the absurd degree of even taking cheap shots at the present mainstay of the website the article came from?

Your obsession with controlling the dialogues and/or dominate this website as far as I know you didn't help to create is disturbing and downright a bad reflection of unresolved personal issues/problems/etc.

And, anybody familiar with the term already knows that 'Blue Dog' refers to members/supporters of the party in power, but who are as conservative as the mainstays of the other party claim and say they are too...

Daring to associate the one with stuck on 'stupid' kneegrow street hustlers is the most shallow and stupid tactics anybody here has ever stooped to, and just to win arguments on a message board?!?

May I suggest your 'fifteen minutes' was up a loong while back?

Personally, I don't place my blind faith in mainstream politicos, but I do acknowledge they exist, while outside of these forums, who claims you do, too?

I also wonder if you have white handlers, and just what sort of leader you'd be:

Otherwise It seems and sounds that the only agenda you're truly advancing is meant to profit yourself...

:10500:

7. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Are yu on meds? you talk crap to people then expect them to samooch your behind?

8. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Read this over then see what you are accusing me of unless you have a personal ish with me[​IMG]

9. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Evidently you have been studying Dr. John Henrik Clarke! :) Did you hear him say that "everything that touches our lives must be fashioned into an instrument of our liberation, or be thrown into the ashcan of history"? He did not exclude the church! ;)

10. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    AC, why do you let a pseudo intellectual upset you so? Stress can lead to high blood pressure, and high blood pressure to death! Ignore ignorance! :mad: