The Front Porch : Just want to Introduce myself, and why the black community should unite!

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by Luv_my_Black_Skin, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Luv_my_Black_Skin

Luv_my_Black_Skin New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi folks I'm currently a black history teacher, and I'm glad that I found this site. I also have a small buisness selling spiritual supplies. I love to pass information on and help other blacks. As black people we are the most hateful people towards each other.

A jew will help each other, a Korean will help each other while us black will disrespect each other. Well I support black buisness, and that's what we all need to do because as a collective unit the spending power of Black people in America is incredible. We must help one another and then we'll be as great as the jews are, or even like like koreans.

One thing that I love to do is support Black authors becasue I realized that we don't have too many great black authors and if you asked me that's very sad. We're great story tellers, but we're not telling our story or helping each other out with great books. The authors that you see today that are big are predominately people of European ancestry. If you are a reader and love to read great books here is one that I came across when I was at a seminar for Black speakers, authors and business owners. Immediately after I went home and went straight to Amazon and checked him out his name is Rasheeal "Ra Blaze" Dixon, and he has a book called "How to overcome fear, and start living fearless" This book was amazing and I was happy that I found out about him. If I wasn't at the black seminar then I wouldn't have know whe he was. I'm glad that I found out about him because I also found out about other great black speakers!. I highly recommend that you guys read the book "How to overcome fear, and start living fearless" because as black people we need to support each other!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :hello: Luv_my_Black_Skin ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Please make yourself at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa... brown_h0rnet WARRIOR

... Welcome, welcome, welcome Luv_my_Black_Skin, please make yourself at home, because you are. Enjoy your stay and check me out too!, lol... and this:

Words can't express the beautiful truth in your words, and the real value they bring to the table... Optimistically thinking, we will eventually come to understand and correct ourselves with Love and Respect for each other; Aretha started it and Destee finishes it:

Luv_my_Black_Skin

:bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:

Peace In,

4. Killuminati

Killuminati Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Good thread.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Welcome back Killuminati... good seeing you in the House again.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Heyyyy Luv my Black Skin and Killuminati! :hello: I add my welcome to you both and hope you enjoy your time with us. I look forward to seeing you in the threads!

Queenie :heart:

7. Ms Drea

Ms Drea STAFF STAFF

United States
    Educator
    Ratings:
    +272
    I feel it is very important to support each others efforts. That is one of the most valuable principles of Kwaanza, Ujaama=Cooperative Economics: To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
    Love & Blessings,
    DREA

8. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Welcome.. I have always felt that as black people we are lacking in the areas of black authorship. I believe that as a people, whether we are parents or grandparents we MUST encourage our children to read and have a love for black history. The support for black business is one that is needed desperately. This is something that we as black people must understand...our purchasing power is the one weapon that we can use effectively.

Will check out the book you mentioned....Thanks for posting this timely piece.