Science and Technology : Just Say "No": Alternatives to Microsoft Products

anAfrican said:
virus scans are good (sometimes) for finding virii. have you tried malware tools? ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster?
yeah i scan with three different scanners and none of them can find anything but IE is buggin. that's why i gave up and got FF.

if you are gonna reformat anyway, maybe take a short look at something other than windows? just for a minute? heck, if you have a cd burner, you could try a "LiveCD" version and not mess with your hard disk at all.
what would you recommend as another OS?

jamesfrmphilly said:
yeah i scan with three different scanners and none of them can find anything but IE is buggin. that's why i gave up and got FF.

what would you recommend as another OS?
personally, i prefer FreeBSD, but a Linux distribution would be easier.

i'm finding that Ubuntu works rather nice. i've seen that Linspire is more of a "windows clone" that might be, in some ways, "easier" or "more familiar" to windows users.

there is another thread, here, inviting exploration into linux.

anAfrican said:
personally, i prefer FreeBSD, but a Linux distribution would be easier.

i'm finding that Ubuntu works rather nice. i've seen that Linspire is more of a "windows clone" that might be, in some ways, "easier" or "more familiar" to windows users.

there is another thread, here, inviting exploration into linux.
i can't find it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back