Black People : Just Ranting About Xmas...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    So it’s that time of year again. You know the one. The time when a large majority of our people run out to make Whites richer and richer…again. Wait a minute. That’s just about everyday isn’t it?

In this Post-Katrina era we have enough points of reference to exclude ourselves from these Holiday consumer events, especially since we the ones doing most of the consuming. But hey, I know little Scooter wants that new Play Station 3, and little Keshia wants the new Talking Barbie…(the blonde Prostitute). All our Cousins, family and friends want something that will show them we care, very very much. Afterall it’s Christmas.

Whites spend 100% of their income and 95% of ours.

Our Black dollars may circulate into our communities 2-3 times before returning to its Master. 700-800 Billion dollars is what our Black Nation generates every year. Enough money for our own Education system, Government- maybe even our own Military. We are indeed a nation within a nation. One of the richest on the planet.

Everyone in the East seems to understand nicely that Black Americans love to spend money. Koreans, Arabs, Chinese, Jews etc., all line up for stores our Black Communities to milk the fat cow for what she’s worth. The great irony, that all these groups manage to do very well in America because of the financial independence they gain from people who practically brag about their "so-called" poverty.

Christmas might be merry, but come January you’re broke and right back out in the field…picking cotton for Massa- only to give him back whatever you’ve managed to scrimp and save.

OO.k, let’s be fair. Giving is beautiful, and attached to that is the warm love we experience because we do have the ability to give especially to those with need and destitute. That being the case, Giving during Christmas is not the issue, but who solely profits from our giving. We are absolutely 100% empowering the very same powers we rebel against. Why and for what reason? We are also “Giving away” our collective power at Christmas. Our great Teachers like Malcolm X , Dr. Clarke and Dr. Amos Wilson tried to teach us about Black Nationalism and Internal Reparations, and some of us still don’t get it. Some of our Elders try to teach us about Nation/Community Building and some of us still don’t get it. Myself included.

It didn’t hit me until I started keeping a daily & monthly log of what I spend money on. This is something I recommend all Africans in America do. We must learn and understand where our money is working and for whom. Like most people, most of my money goes into food and shelter. Over $10,000 a year goes into my shelter. Being from NYC we are not as educated as we should be about home/land ownership. At least I wasn’t. Now I am more educated and I realize how important it is to own a Home.

Fortunately in Georgia a very large majority of Blacks are homeowners, as well as throughout States in the South where over 1-2 million Blacks populate. Renting is not a bad thing however, I’ve read into a few philosophies that suggest not everyone will want to own their own home but if we build “networking” communities, the rent we paid for our shelter would go towards a collective community agenda.

The next body of large purchases for me would be business related purchases: computer parts, software, fashion/art related materials, etc., mixed into my 3rd largest monthly group of expenses: food/gas and telecommunication costs.

I realized that all these items are production and distribution related. Which made me question what really is a Black owned Business since most Black owned Businesses have Non-Black suppliers. I consider myself to be a Black owned Business, I do business in a Black dominated area, but most of the companies who supply my material are Non-Blacks. This has to change, for all of us who are Black owned Businesses. We need more Black material producers and distributors.

There is absolutely no reason why African Women in America should not own the Weave industry. There is absolutely no reason why Black Musicians in America shouldn’t own their own “distribution” companies – not just production companies. We love Fashion, then we should produce and distribute the Fashion we love, not just the Fashion but also the materials for those fashions. I don’t mean to sound like Dr. Clarke but great minds deserve to be reiterated.

Oh but we can’t be the Masters of everything right? But we were. At least the Masters of what was important to life.

Still, we need to know how our money is working for us as a collective. That way we can allow companies to understand how conscious we are of the money and trust we place in them. We can use that data to ensure that these companies employ and pay Blacks in America fairly. (I.E: Target- Walmart, McDonalds, etc.)

So while I know my local power & light company is not owned by Blacks, I know this company has a large majority of Black employees. When I pay my bill, I am also aiding the Black families employed by this company. Being conscious of these things makes a big difference overall.

I love African people dearly with all my heart, with all my mind and with all my spirit, and I love them as I love myself. I see us reaching this place of power we all desire, in fact- I see that we are already in that place of power. We are the only ones capable of defeating the greatest enemy on the Planet, because we know the mind of this beast. I know little Scooter will still get his Playstation 3 this year, but let’s work on making sure our Children have a share in the wealth of graphical computer interfaces, software and electronics. Don’t just play the game, Master it.

HTP-LOVE_RESPECT

2. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Great

This post is GENIOUS!!!
    Very passionate and a lot of valid points.

We've been practicing Kwanzaa for the past 2yrs and we reap great benefits all year around by following these principles.

Thank you for sharing.

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace Queen Abena! Give Thanks! Kwanzaa is a beautiful tradition! I understand now that some of us try to blend both into our holiday celebration. Christmas-Kwanzaa. Or is it- Christanzaa?

I believe all the principles of Kwanzaa helps to build community/family love- which we all need and appreciate. I always try to see the humor in the Christmas celebration and our people. Like a friend of mine calling me a few minutes ago asking to borrow $400 dollars so she can buy her 10 year old motorcycle bike. Its possible that something might be wrong with my level of thinking. But if I have to borrow money for a "want" and not a "need" I'm insane. I don't want to sound like Bill Cosby here, but I'd be surprise if her 10 year old can spell "motorcycle" (keep in mind half the time neither can I).

I was at the Mall today and Black Santa and Mrs. Claus were on stage arguing about who could take their bathroom break first. I don't think they realized a group of obviously tramatized school kids were listening.

Don't we just love the holidays.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

...Are you serious?

KD