Black Poetry : Just needed to vent

cattalina

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2003
I'm sorry if the flow is off but I had to vent I can't believe this guy did this to me....

So many times you waved Nigerian pride ~ and boasted how you knew the name of your ancestrial tribe ~ how royaly ~ not slavery ~ flowed through yours veins ~ then you look at me and ask could I do the same

it was almost certain my family came on slave ships ~ and banana boats so with a head hung low ~I sadly replied noooo ~then you snickered and walked away

one year later I come across your page ~ to find a picture of you can this be true ~ Nigerian pride you weren't wavin ~ but a new kind of statement ~eyes hidden behind hazel blinds ~ and a script that read mixed white and black ~ how could this be ~ Mr. Nigerian from the branches back? Or is that how your family managed to keep their royalty ~ by giving booty to slave-cathers ~ and selling MY people to slavery...?

I don't mean to be rude simply trying to understand ~ how you could frown upon who I was because what my people were ~ without even knowing who you ARE...

Why would you do that... I'm perplexed...I'm torn...everyday this kid made me feel ashamed for what...it's one thing to be mixed (I'm mixed) it's another to lie that you are after boasting how your family is "untainted"...I wanna kick him.

:confused:

i wanna kick 'em too. It just reminds me of high school when American born blacks would be in a dispute with Jamaican,Haitian and African born people. They would always say we were tainted because we were brought over on boats. What tripped me out is that the Jamaicans and Hatians did realize they were brought over on boats too...they were just dropped off somewhere else. The Miseducation on the Negro from all walks of life. :(

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back