Science and Technology : Just how much of our science and technology is faked

The story illustrates how the want of $$$$$$ ignores empirical science in the name for even more $$$$$$$$.
Examples abound around us today.......the list is too long to even start.
It is also about consumers not knowing enough about science and technology, though you can expect people who think they are smart to hide important information.

IBM hid information from its own employees. Had to write my own benchmarks.

It is also about consumers not knowing enough about science and technology, though you can expect people who think they are smart to hide important information.

IBM hid information from its own employees. Had to write my own benchmarks.

Hmmm, don't know bout that umbrarchist. One can't expect consumers to know the minutiae of science or technology. What consumers expect and deserve is an honest evaluation in the various products and inherit dangers of use or consumption and importantly THE TRUE COST. None of which they don't receive either through obfuscation, hired venal equivocators to roil the waters straight into blatant lies or the burying away the true cost in a locked safe thats more secure than Jimmy Hoffa's body.
Today it pervades every part of our world.....hell this insane country still hasn't faced it's own history much less the nano plastic particles present in every breath taken or bite eaten. I wonder how long before some hired gun comes along to tell the consumers how many ppm nano is okay to ingest like they have for dam near every other 'forever' by-protuct or waste ( 'that we know about' ) or the days to wear a mask for protection against nano's or stay inside like they do now for, aah you know, those bad air quality days that seem to come more frequently every year. Yeah, I wonder.

What is minutiae versus what are we just not being told?

Ever heard of a Bathtub Curve? What is MTBF?

Mean Time Between Failure!

Do you ever notice NASA saying that they expect some robot to function on Mars for 18 months and 3 years later it is still working?

Automobiles have been manufactured in this country for more than 100 years. Do you suppose that they know how to test, measure and specify the durability and reliability of products? Look at the airplanes that were made in 1908 the same year Ford introduced the Model-T.

Then look at the P-38 Lightning 30 years later. How was there such a vast change in airplanes but not cars? Did the technology plateau and the automobile industry just continues to make useless variations?

Decades go by and we just aren't told certain things that are not minutiae

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back