Black People : Just finished another video. Hope you're ready for this.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Writeous1, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Writeous1

Writeous1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +202
    My video was inspired by this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POB407UoI18
    He exposed Jay-Z and destroyed him at the same time. At least he wasn't scared to expose and rebuke someone who is loved by millions, which is more than I can say for most church "leaders." Be sure to watch both parts. Also, make sure you watch the vids in the info section.

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    A ''Christian rapper''(frigging oxymoron)..lol.. calling another black man Ni$ger??? so is this what Jesus dose?...

rhetorical question, you don't have to answer that...

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Good stuff Writeous1, really good stuff, we need the balance and the proof is in the pudding.

4. Writeous1

United States
    Ratings:
    +202
    I'm kinda glad you brought that up. I know many people, especially those in their late 30's and above (when the break, CRACK, occured, separating the generations), would look at him and hear him and say the same thing.
    This is not an attack on you, but the practice of determining godliness by speech and looks alone.
    The words and actions of most Christians throughout history -- is that what Jesus would have done? A person can't be a Christain on the account of him/her sayiing words that you, yourself, may find offensive? "N***er" and "N***a" are two very different words, one is just derived from the other. Most of the credit for that can go to Richard Pryor, someone before the generations being blamed for the use of that word in that way.
    Just thought I'd point that out. :shades:

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Well, I just thought Christians were in the world and not of the world. The N-word used by some Black folks is such a worldly term that it shocks most people to hear someone who openly professes to be a Christian and a minister of "God's" word to use a word that originated from an insult eventhough the connotation may be different than the original.

It is similar to a female Christian rapper who may be talking about pre-martial sex using the term "puxxi" to refer to her private area.

Godliness is not determined by speech and looks alone; however, godliness would effect speech and thus speech can be an indicator since speech belies mindset.

Another example would be how many here on Destee, not knowing the actions many of us take in our daily lives, catch some glimpse of who we are and how we think based on solely our words. Is it a fair assessment? Maybe not, but if someone came on here saying white supremacy does not exist, many would judge that person as a brainwashed or confused Black person that needed to be educated. Speech is a form of communication. What do we communicate if not our thoughts?

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    :SuN034:

7. Writeous1

United States
    Ratings:
    +202
    That's all true. I agree with everything you wrote. I was not arguing on whether or not his words are Christian-like. As I stated, I was just pointing those things out, and attacking the practice of trying to determine godliness by speech alone.
    This rapper later did an interview explaining how he is still growing in the faith, and that that rap was at a time when he was just leaving a worldly life. And that demonstrates my point exactly. You can't determine .... Another example: We all have "our things" that we have to conquer, what if language/the tongue, something others will perceive, is "his thing?" It's easy to judge him, but others whose "things" are hidden, and would be consider worst by most people; such as adultry, homosexuality, etc., would still be considered Christains.
    Now, look at this scenario: You have Jay-Z, known and loved by millions, has a name among men, has millions of dollars and is attacking God and His son, and spreading satanism to millions of youngsters. You have a little ghetto boy, christian or not, realizes all of this, gets angry because of this, and rebukes Jay-Z harsly. Christians, who go to church every Sunday and Wednesday, can't be caught cursing, and are not of the world are not moved at all. In fact, they're more moved over the boy cursing while claiming to be of God.
    Who does God look at and smile?
    If the boy, who's being the real Christain in that scenario?

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Well said Writeious1, well said indeed.

9. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    What he said!:qqb011: