Black People : Just Curious

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Wisdom7, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    In this short time I've been a member, I've read many posts. The best part for me is all the spiritual and/or religious knowledge spoken of and the beautiful poets.

I've learned so much that it kind of makes my head spin. I see intelligent responses to political issues etc., and motivational or inspirational advice to others.

At the same time you notice the clicks, the bully, the attention seeker, the nice ones, the shy ones, peaceful ones etc., which don't get me wrong is common in everyday life, so if you can't handle it here in this site then u can't handle the real world.

I'm saying this to ask, with all this good information, the bottom line is, is that blacks aren't going anywhere together regardless if we can't unite. There is endless knowledge on who we are or "were" as a people, and just because we know doesn't mean we are that now.

So how do we become as a person, what we used to be and do it on a daily basis? Scratch politics and how much knowledge we have on our ancestors for a minute.

I probably won't get a response, but if I do and it's one of the "judging me as a person and my mental faculties and avoiding the question response" then you are exactly the reason I put this post up

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    it is a legitimate question.............

and i do not have the answer.
    i don't think anyone does or we would all be out doing it.

i try to keep my own head together and hope for the best.

3. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    I guess I look at it in small circles if we can't accomplish it, then how would it even work on a large spectrum

In this day and age, we are all filled with words (although some words are beautiful and deep and thought provoking, they're still words) We could spend the next 100 years, analyzing, reading, sharing words..

I think of when ministers used to preach in the churches back in the day, like Martin Luther King..He preached about God being with us as we "planned for actions" in the church. Everyone in the church knew what the intent and focus was, they were all of one mind, and they were prepared for action.

Now all the ministers preach about is waiting on God and we run around quoting scriptures and words. Martin's plan did work, he accomplished what he set forth although it ain't working now and something else needs to be done.

But the people that came to those churches were all on the same page and put all BS aside and focused on getting results. I think that was the difference between now and then and they had it so much harder.

I don't know, maybe I'm going off on a tangent, but thanks for the response.

4. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    I guess what I'm really seriously trying to get to, is are we really serious about uniting or do u think we are too broken of a people mentally to even take on such a huge task?

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    we as people are very divided collectively to really unify
    to a task as one mindset we have a lot of personal and individual
    wayz , it's one of our struggles we face as people but we have some
    of the most powerful wisdomize and knowledgable settings , we also
    ware ego's very large i think we can unite as one and will someday
    but when, i can never say or know .

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Wow sister what a packed question :read: (remembering your post about analytical responses lol)

Yanno sister I have often wondered this myself and I have to agree with brotha James...

I just dont know. I wont knock anyone who says they do but for myself...I can only do that...speak for myself and attempt in my own ACTIONS to be about what I speak about, and when I fail, get back up and try again. I myself often wonder just as you have if the beautiful, prolific responses of our brethren here are as FULLY lived out as they can be.

What is the catalyst that makes our present day KNOWLEDGE... the next HISTORICAL REVOLUTION? Somtimes in my mind I like to simplify situations as much as I can to get as much DONE as BEST as it can. So then I wonder as well, if each one makes a PERSONAL concentrated effort to (in brotha James words) "keep their own head together" will the actions follow? Will those actions lead us in same direction?

But first things first...how do we get each other to go from "WORDS & TALKIN" to "ACTIONS & WALKIN"? Gurlllllllllllll...whew if i knew I would bottle it and manufacture it for our people lol

I have nephews & nieces growing up fast. I have helped raise them. I try to give to them one of the greatest gifts my mother passed down to me. That ancestral WARRIOR "GET YA BUTT UP AND DO IT" spirit (somewhat crude but effective for me lol) People like Brotha King recreated that spirit in others...and they in return went home and spread it to their families. And folks got up and DID something about it. SOMETHING has to stir our people back up. For me, personally, its a simple thought that STIR's me... BLAK FUTURE. For me, and mind you sister this works for me, thinking about the FUTURE of our people stirs me up and I worry and I get up and do something about it. I go to community centers and volunteer. When I am hiring for a new position, I recommend to our people seeking work and as much as I can, I choose our own. When I am seeking sponsorship to promote my centers, I choose BLAK owned business'. I open my home to Blak youth and try to spend as much time understanding them as some never did when I was younger. The more I invest the more I have to STIR myself back into action. In return I hope that some of my own meagar efforts stir one of them and they pass it on. :read:

I dont know sistah I truly dont know. Do I think we are mentally too broken as a people to take on a task? No. We are from a line of survivors...some just need to be reminded. Do I know where to start? No. (Like Brotha James) Do I have hope? Yes. Am I willing to try? Always.

:thinking: Its a superpacked question indeed sister :thinking:

7. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, I do agree about ego and I myself sometimes catch myself at times questioning if I'm acting from ego. My own personal spiritual focus is to eliminate ego based thinking on my behalf, by trying to catch myself and make myself aware. I'm not perfect either, but I am trying to work w/myself first, awareness is a daily struggle.

8. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Wow, Triniti24 your post is just as packed as well. I'm glad you're feeling me on what I'm saying. It gives me hope in seeing all you are acting upon and teaching the kids as well.

I too have tried in many areas and I have fallen flat on my face so many times, but I keep getting up a little weary, but still put on the gloves. The last episode I had was at a job in which 6 years previously they had just diversified the races and gender. It was first an all white male (Good old boys network) for many years. I found out they were hiring minorities in because they received a big tax break. In order to get the break they had to keep the employee for at least 6 months. After their 3 month review, they would cite all kinds of reasons not to give the new hires a promised raise and said they'd "give them another chance" After the next 3 mos. (total 6 mos) they would fire them with BS excuses. The worst was when I saw a black man about 50 cry. He worked his a---off in their warehouse working on sending his kids to college When he walked out of the office crying from being fired, my boss just started cracking up laughing! I confronted the good o'l boys and they faked a company wide policy change. After that a lot of employees came to me citing all these foul things the company was doing and I don't know why, but I took it all on. What made me angry was that I put my neck on the line for a lot of my own, and when it came time for battle, they scattered like crazy. I heard comments like "Girl we appreciate your crusade, but I can't afford to lose my job plus it will look like we're trouble makers." However everyday, they complained to me and this company was really foul. Long story short, my boss was out to get me. Suprisingly, some white people who were on our side would listen to the good o'l boys and pull me to the side and tell me what my boss had planned to do do me to try and get me fired. In the end I was no match for the good o'l boys. I ended up getting so stressed out, I lost feeling on my left side, had to go to the emergency room and they put me on steroids for a week.

They ended up laying a lot of us off, then the company ended up pretty much folding about 4 months later.

I didn't regret what I did, but it wasn't smart for me to go about it the way I did. Some of my coworkers told me they had received threats from upper management and were told to lie and say that they the issues I had brought forth (their concerns and mine) were only my opinion and that I took things personally. I asked them why they had me take things all the way there and then turn around and lie. They said they were scared. When I was laid off I received a lot of phone calls from people thanking me and telling me that I needed to take care of myself and that I couldn't save the world by myself.

So now, I just write children's books, trying to get them published and teach my neices and any kids who listen as well. However, that crusader spirit will not lie dormant in me. I know there is something we can do even if we came up with baby steps. What if we tried something weekly and came back and posted results/ I don't knowwhat, but maybe something will come to mind.

Sometimes I drive my ownself nutz, wishing I didn't care so much because it gets exhausting, but I know the Most High puts it there for a reason. Maybe we could put our heads together and think of something different to try weekly and come back and post results.

Also, I think we have to keep working on ourselves personally too, which is hard as well.

Thanks for your response Trniti24! :grouphug:

9. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Sista Wisdom, IMO, your question is the most KEY question I’ve read on this site because after all of the postings are done, what is the result?
    I think that some of the knowledge on here can help to change the lives of some people, IF it is applied or used consistently, but let’s be honest, a lot of this knowledge has been around for a long time. Many Black scholars, researchers, and writers have done a great job of spreading the word out there and have made the vast majority of this knowledge available for several decades now. At least I, and many others I know, have been exposed to most of what I read here and a lot more for quite a while.

Knowledge is NOT power if it is not actively, consistently, and wisely used to reach the desired goal.

Unity? Where do we go from here as a group? Why can’t egos be checked? IMO, I don’t think anything will unite us or motivate us, or check the egos unless a major life-threatening, Black-folks-targeted crisis or catastrophe confronted us and we would have to know it's unavoidable, and it would have to happen quickly because if it happens over a period of time, we’ll get used to it and adapt to it. Such a catastrophe would cause us then to re-prioritize caring about job security, material things, egos, sex, or thinking we’re right all the time, etc. because our very lives would be on the line.

Because I don’t follow the crowd, I’ve taken heat on this board. I'm used to that. I was taught while growing up that 'the crowd is almost always wrong,' so I always think for myself even when I am the only one who thinks a certain way. That philosophy has served me very well in my life, kept me out of a bunch of trouble and has enabled me to reach most of my personal goals for me and my family.
    So, I feel proud that I’ve always stood my ground here even when I was under attack, which has been often. LOL

Anyway, I’m sure some will be happy to read that I won’t be posting much anymore, because I have a lot of fiber art orders to get ready for the upcoming holiday season and will need to focus a lot more on that.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    demonize white people................

we did much better in the past because we had a clear cut external enemy who we could see.
    now the white people have us looking at ourselves as the enemy.
    we are suffering from self hate.

if we could focus on what white people are doing to us, which includes the current day white supremacy that is institutionalized in the US, if we had a clear target again, maybe we could get motivated.

it works for me.