Black People : Just A Thought.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by plainrhythm, Jul 23, 2005.

1. plainrhythm

plainrhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    just a thought:

have you ever lost inspiration for a long time? so much that.... it makes you turn into something you never wanted to become??

for example, if you, for the past 3 years have been writing poetry and it was never hard to come up with something all of a sudden couldn't find any reason to write? could it be that your inspiration was some kind of a faze?
    if not, how do you explain not being able to come up with one line, even when you're right in front of the one thing that inspires you most?

but hey, it's just a thought.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace God,

you haven't lost your inspiration, something else is going on in your circumference interferring with your gift.........what you should try to do is write it OUT....meaning use the negatice circumstances around you & get rid of it thru your poetry.

I don't know you, but what I know is that you would not be in this position if you did NOT have superior Poetic skills that people need to hear! So I humbly suggest this as a solution to your situation........

Your name alone says poetry........who would not want to hear something from a brother/sister (don't know ?) called plainrythm????

- Let your poetry be your woman - put the phone down & talk to her thru your pen .......................!I would..........write on fam!!!!!!!!

- just a thought

peace

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    At some point many fall into this, not lost of inspiration but the writers block
    from many reasons as stated above could be the circumstance around you
    or something happening that have drawn your attention too , to focus on then
    the hill of writting but in time it removes it's self .....find a place a moment of
    quiet time and reflect at the hand of a pen and scribe what that reflect present
    before you know it this will inspire you to write more and the block gone ........

It's a faze we all face at times of creating

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I think this happens to us all. I agree with the other 2 poets. There is something going on in your life, perhaps more than one thing going on at the same time, that is "blocking" you from writing as you used to. Just write, whatever comes to mind, no matter how strange or "unpoetic" and see what happens. I know it seems like forever, but it won't be poet, you'll see. :)

5. plainrhythm

Ratings:
    +7
    it could be a sign

thanks a lot fam...you guys are really supportive and i think everyone deserves a family like all of ya'll.
    i guess it's just one of those things. but i can't seem to figure out whats happening around me!!! have any of you been in this situation??? if so, how did you deal with it? i wrote on it.... and came up with one conclusion: nothing's wrong. a sign maybe?? that i should quit while i'm ahead????

:insane:

6. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Certainly not a sign that you should quit while you're ahead, no. Sure, this has happened to me, a number of times. Once it happened when there were a multitude of issues going on in my life. Another time, I was just trying too hard. Yet another, I thought there was nothing going on with me at first glance, but then I found there was this issue that was buried within me, I was numb to it so to speak. So I suppose it numbed other parts of me as well, my creative side. My suggestion is, to keep writing, perhaps it will reveal something to you.

7. plainrhythm

Ratings:
    +7
    will do... thanks alot watzinaname!

:hearts4:

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    study technique.
    sometimes blocks occur because the idea we have is too complex to express with the tools that we posses.

i am not a poet but this works in music.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Ah yes...the pains of GROWTH AND CHANGE...THE FAILURE TO RECOGNIZE IT AS SUCH, AND THE IMPATIENCE TO BE PATIENT WHILE YOU MAKE THE TRANSITION FROM WHAT WAS TO WHAT WILL BE. :)