Black Events : Just A Thought...give Me Input!

Discussion in 'Black Events' started by Royal_T, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Royal_T

Royal_T Well-Known Member MEMBER

LAW ENFORCEMENT SOMETHING!?!
    Ratings:
    +13
    How about the best of Destee? Maybe go on a small tour for a while with selected few and change it every 6 months. Or maybe two shows within a a six month period in a designated spot in the U.S to showcase all this talent? Maybe make a list of member locations and we can put on shows for one another. I'm a big thinker....just curious to know if that sounds like an idea.

2. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +606
    "T" This is a wonderful idea!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Royal_T ... this is a wonderful idea Sister and i'm here to help in any way i can to make it a reality ... but keep in mind, most of the poets have not come into our very own voice chat room, made especially for them, to showcase their talent. We have provided a venue that costs no money, requires no traveling, no need to take off any days from work, not necessary to leave home, poets featured in cities all around the world, from cities all around the world, shoot, a person don't hafta comb their hair if they don't want to ... and still ... the majority of the poets are reluctant to come in and fellowship with each other, showcasing their talent ... live ... on the ********. We have our own radio station, where poets can broadcast their poetry, their voice, their words, to the world ... again at no cost or inconvenience to them ... and most have not stepped up.

I too am a big thinker Sister but for whatever reason, not all of our people are ready to think (and act) big with us. Of course, just because they don't take advantage of what we've made available here ... does not mean they will not fully embrace what you're suggesting ... but it is worth considering.

*whispering* have you been in voice chat yet Sister, showcased some of that beautiful poetry of yours?

Royal_T, i'm here Sister to help in any way i can ... just let me know.

:heart:

Destee

4. Royal_T

Royal_T Well-Known Member MEMBER

LAW ENFORCEMENT SOMETHING!?!
    Ratings:
    +13
    Destee...I know. I would love to join the chat, but I have to get the internet in the home. I'm usually joining my family here at Destee at work. I have the computer and I'll work on the mic...I'm dying to get in there, but ........................I have no excuses I'm on it and I'll help get open mic up to par, the we'll visit one another globally.

I'm still on vacation and I'm at work stealing computer time.

ROYAL T.

5. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    sounds great Royal and lord knows i would pay to the Destee Poets do they thang...but Destee has a point about no one doin the open mic online thing...sorry destee lol
    i stay on the west coast when the showcases go down...I aint no where near a computer...lol

6. MaMa Diaomi

MaMa Diaomi Member MEMBER

Ital/Vegan Chef Part-time Events Coordinator....Vo
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like and welcome the idea. I would love to hear more about it. Keep us posted.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178