Black Spirituality Religion : JUST A QUESTION NO PUN INTENDED.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by CALLEDRAIN, Dec 28, 2004.

1. CALLEDRAIN

CALLEDRAIN Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    JUST A QUESTION NO PUN INTENDED.

I myself am a beliver but answer me this.

In the way that we relate to time (meaning humanity) and an all powerful being, be it ALLAH or JEHOVAH (one in the same to me).

Do you belive our GOD can stop time?

And if so, for how long?

the clock is ticking.( tick,tock)

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

This is a good question Calledrain. I also I'm a believer. To answer your question we must first understand time. The time that we understand is only relevant in the physical universe in which we exist. It is the measurement of moments of existance. Time is also relative to movement or travel. When we look at stars we are actually looking at the past. The image of the nearest star outside the solar system is roughly 4.2 lights years away. To put that in perspective light can travel 31,536,000 miles in one year. With our current technology it would take over 1261yrs for us to travel one lights year so it would take close to 5300 years to travel to the closest star out side of the solar systems. Now to answer your question, can God stop time and for how long? The answer is yes and God will forever. God started time and will end time, the Bible tells us so. When we die time ends as we know it. In addition to operating in the physical realm God resides and operates in the spiritual realm. God is not confined by 3 dimensions. God is multi-dimension, existing on multiple planes. This is why God can be everywhere all the time and never change. Here is a controversial question. Did God create all of creation in 6 days? The answer is yes. The real key to this answer is to define a day. Are we talking about man's days or God's days? Remember man came along on the 6th day so the 1st through the 5th day were definately not being measured by man's standard. So is the earth and the universe millions and billions of years old?. Sure it is by man's stardards. We can't measure God's standard for a day because we don't know what that is. I hope this answers your question without going into elaborate, excessive detail.

Peace

Radical Faith

3. MizLindaLinda

MizLindaLinda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Revelation does talk about the earth being renewed after the 1000 year millennium. This will be a planned event, not a spontaneous one.God can and will change time as we know it.

Here are a number of scriptures that assures us the earth will exist forever:

Isaiah 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Ecc 1:4 One generation passes away and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth forever.

Psalm 104:5 Who laid the foundation of the earth, that it should not be removed forever.

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
    After the new Jerusalem comes down,time will have no end.