Black People : Jury Duty Scam

Goddess Auset333

BANNED
Feb 9, 2007
Subject: FW: Jury Duty Scam
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 19:31:29 +0000

CHECK THIS OUT....

Please note the following information regarding a new scam in which the caller claims to be an official contacting you regarding not showing up for jury duty. Please remind employees that no one should ever ask for your social security number as a verification tool.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp

Subject: Jury Duty Scam

This has been verified by the FBI (Their link is also included below).

It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get this call. Most of us take those summons for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Give out any of this information and bingo, your identity just got stolen. The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illi nois and Colorado. This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving information by pretending they're with the court system.

The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud.

<HRsize=2 width="100%" align=center>
CONFIDENTIAL: This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. NBIS (including its affiliated companies) shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. NBIS does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

Wow, thanks queen Goddess Auset. I only get those summons whenever I apply for a new state ID card. Of course, I don't respond because of my hearing and visual impairments. But nobody ever follows up on those letters. I just throw them away.

Goddess Auset333

thank you for such an informative post

appreciate it

and i will pass the info along

thank you so much

for loving and caring

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back