Black People : Juneteenth ... Now a Federal Holiday

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Thankz i knew my earth day had some meaning behind it !

Well then, :toast:Happy Juneteenth and Happy Birthday:toast: Brother $$RICH$$...enjoy the double dose; especially since Illinois participates in the Holiday...Peace In my brother friend, for real.

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Thank you Clyde your post was very informative! You provided a lot of useful information about this holiday.

And you are welcome Queen Prophetess Conscious Plat, likewise, your show today was an informative tribute to the event of the Day and to the Homeless.

Also, here is a link that ties in with the Juneteenth Celebration you may find interesting concerning Night Watch or Watch Night church services in the Black Community:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63348

But even before 1862 and the possibility of a Presidential Emancipation, African people had gathered on New Year's Eve on plantations across the South. That is because many owners of enslaved Africans tallied up their business accounts on the first day of each new year.

Human property was sold along with land, furnishings and livestock to satisfy debts. Families and friends were separated. Often they never saw each other again in this earthly world. Thus coming together on December 31 might be the last time for enslaved and free Africans to be together with loved ones.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back