• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunshynesmiles

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 3, 2001
Pueblo, Colorado
Occupation
student
I have been browsing this web site for at leat 10 minutes now and nowhere do I see an article dealing with Juneteenth. It is just a few days away and does no one care to write about it? Maybe I missed it, if so I'm sorry. But if not people need to start thinking more about there African American Heritage! :(

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome ~

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

Hello SunshyneSmiles,

Thanks for joining us and posting. There are probably quite a few topics that you won't find in the forum, but it doesn't necessarily mean no one is interested. Please feel free to post information regarding Juneteenth and/or any topic that you'd like. There are many categories to choose from, including the Open Forum.

Looking forward to reading what you'd like to share regarding Juneteenth :wink:

Also, I moved your post from the Questions & Answers category to this one, as polls are only allowed in this category.

Please make yourself at home, making new threads and commenting on existing ones.

Destee

me too!

i had been looking for some information on Juneteenth as well. I wanted to give information to a goup of students. Couldn't find much.

I am also finding that alot of black people aren't aware of Juneteenth. I am from TX and my mother and aunt also acknowledged June 19th. I have been living here in MN for over 30 years and we do have an annual celebration. an all day outdoor event - music,art, dance, crafts, vendors, food. What a colorful event. ;) unfortunately, it is usually rains on this date as well.

We also have a play called Kumbayuh the Juneteenth story written by local storyteller Rose McGee. She use music, poetry, dance to educate other this little known black holiday.

I discovered through the play that the city of Grimes TX. So I have even learned a new piece of information Grimes TX, June 19, 1865. the blacks in this town received the news that Lincoln had "freed" the slaved two years earlier.

JUNETEENTH!!!

For those in Twin Cities, the play runs the end of June 28, 29, 30...I hope you don't mind me doing a little promoting. I do volunteer work with this nonprofit black arts organization...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back