Black People : Juneteenth ... Now a Federal Holiday

Irresponsible and shameful :facepalm:

Azealia Banks responds to Candace Owens’ Juneteenth criticism

“Juneteenth is soooo lame. Democrats really need to stop trying to repackage segregation. I’ll be celebrating July 4th and July 4th only. I’m American,” tweeted Owens.

Banks shot back to Owens with “Tread lightly sis.”

Keydra Manns

:great:

Dwayne Barnes: The Mixed Emotions Of Embracing Juneteenth As Independence Day For African Americans – Guest Column

I will personally grapple with this dilemma. How can I genuinely celebrate freedom when I’m constantly witnessing the toxic, ignorant, and vile individuals via the media who aren’t intelligent enough to accept the reality of being human? That we are all equal and we are all free. Is seeing this barrage of historical and modern-day hate serving me or subconsciously defeating me? I’m sorry, but I don’t want to keep seeing their faces and taking in their disturbing negative energy. It deeply disturbs me, but I firmly accept its importance as well.

:picture:
1624311097422.png
1624311204750.png

Dwayne Barnes

:great:

Their ancestors died before they could fully enjoy the reparations they received. Years later, the money 'played a big role' in going to college

Reparations as a 'necessity'

Then in 1994, Florida legislators passed a bill granting the survivors reparations.
"The total amount of reparations was 2.1 million, and it was
to be given to family members who left Rosewood during the time of the Rosewood Massacre," Dupree said.
Few groups in US history have received compensation. Among those who have are Japanese Americans who were put in internment camps during WWII, victims of the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, and Rosewood survivors.

Taylor Ardrey

Sat, June 19, 2021, 2:38 PM·4 min read

:rofl:

Ron Johnson visited Milwaukee's Juneteenth Day celebration. It didn't go well

...................................................:jibox:

1624374353300.png
A large crowd begins to form and some start to boo Sen. Ron Johnson as he makes a speech during the Juneteenth Day celebration on Saturday, June 19, 2021, in Milwaukee

Talis Shelbourne, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back