Black Relationships : Judging books by their cover

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by sweetbrownsugar, Jul 29, 2004.

1. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    There are some women who say the first thing they look at when a man approaches them is his shoes. Because you supposedly can tell a lot about him from his shoes! Then there are men who like certain things like women who wear red toe nail polish or they might not have the time of day for a woman with busted up toes. Ladies and fellas if you will bite...What is that "thing" you check for or notice immediately in your encounters with the opposite sex? What catches your eye right off the bat? What's a good thing? What's a bad thing? Would you make exceptions for a good looking sister/brother with bad breath?

2. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Its the face for me. My attention is drawn to smooth dark skin...and nice eyes. When I look her dead in the eye, only then do I make any pre-judgement, based on her reaction to me and body language....good looks mean nothing if she takes an attitude.

Bad hygene would turn anyone off once they get close to you....I am the same. I take care of myself so I expect that of others.

I have observed many women and this shoe thing. I noticed a few years back the pattern of looking down, then up to the neck and wrists (ICE or no ICE??), then to the clothes and face. That seems to be too much a focus on material things to me.

3. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    That's cool MrBlak. The "shoe" thing...I think that's being a little shallow minded. I myself look for an array of things. I like to see a man who takes pride in his personal appearance. If he works out, okay. But then too I like the larger brotha as well. (Gerald Levert, Ruben, the father on the fresh prince of Bel-Aire I find them attractive). Some no's would be: Sloppy fat. A messed up grill.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I reach inside for there personality // because i can't see the shoes or garments
    nor the face/toes until i see the personality first then my next goal is how she live
    not by her job but how she keep here place of living as well as her mental mindful
    thoughts on different matters what draw me to her in the first place is hearing her
    speak the tone the words and her expression the attitude she pose , i never judge
    a book by it's cover until i read the story !
    as far as breath surely there's a cure for that so yes i would accept a sistah with
    such .

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I look at a woman's hair first. I love hair. I also look at her clothes and teeth. If she dreeses slutty then she wants attention...which she will not get from me. If she is sexy and modest, then maybe. If her teeth are messed up and not taken care of....I don't want to venture any lower than that. I hate long nails. I hate gold. I hat alot of make-up. I hate weaves. I look how women walk too. If she walks like she's the sh*t (as if everyone is looking at her) then that's a big turn-off. I hate over-confidence. No one is that HOT. To sum it up, I look for modest, humble, naturally beautiful women with nice hair.

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    The first thing I notice about a guy is his eyes! Something about the eyes tells a hidden story in itself. Then I notice the smile. The way a person smiles also tells me things.

But what determines my interest most is when he opens his mouth to speak. What he talks about. His interest in life. How he feels about his family. Can he open up to his emotions without feeling weak? Is he confident but not arrogant? Is he protective but not posessive? Is he self-indulged but not self-absorbed? Is he well groomed but not opposed to getting dirty?

These are some of the first things I usually pick up first just from body language. But I don't limit my conclusions there. When he opens his mouth to speak, That tells it all for me!

7. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    When I'm out, I'm usually pretty quiet so it's easy for me to observe people. Usually I'm drawn to what turns his head...or his actions. If he's checking out every "sleezy woman" who walks by and trying to holler, than he's not for me.

I guess I'm a mental person, most men I have had an interest in started out with good conversation. From there I notice his smile, eyes, and his demeanor.