Black Positive People : Judge sets rules for suit over Jackson doctor

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
In the Spirit of Sankofa,[/SIZE

Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Quincy Jones sued Michael Jackson's estate claiming he is owed millions in royalties and production fees on some of the superstar's greatest hits.
Jones' lawsuit Friday seeks at least $10 million from the singer's estate and Sony Music Entertainment, claiming the entities improperly re-edited songs to deprive him of royalties and production fees. The music has been used in the film "This Is It" and a pair of Cirque du Soleil shows based on the King of Pop's songs, the lawsuit states.
Jones also claims that he should have received a producer's credit on the music in "This Is It." His lawsuit seeks an accounting of the estate's profits from the works so that Jones can determine how much he is owed.
The producer worked with Jackson on three of his most popular solo albums, "Off the Wall," ''Thriller" and "Bad."
Jackson's estate wrote in a statement that it was saddened by Jones' lawsuit. "To the best of its knowledge, Mr. Jones has been appropriately compensated over approximately 35 years for his work with Michael," the statement said.

FILE - Quincy Jones arrives at the world premiere of the music video for Paul McCartney's song, "My …

http://music.yahoo.com/news/quincy-jones-sues-michael-jacksons-estate-234722613.html

Its not working for me, but you've explained it all very well.
Since we're talking entertainment......"Its hard out here for a pimp"......roflmbofr.....:p
Saw that also with the lyrics ...priceless, coming from you.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Its not working for me, but you've explained it all very well.
Since we're talking entertainment......"Its hard out here for a pimp"......roflmbofr.....:p
Saw that also with the lyrics ...priceless, coming from you.

Sorry about the link not working for you, but its good. Well, I'm from North Dallas, you know that:)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Update,

Michael Jackson's mom to pay promoter $800,000

Michael Jackson's mother Katherine, pictured outside Los Angeles Superior Court, on September 27, 2011 (AFP Photo/Robyn Beck)

Los Angeles (AFP) - Michael Jackson's 83-year-old mother Katherine has agreed to pay over $800,000 to tour promoters AEG Live for costs incurred to defend a failed lawsuit she brought, lawyers said.

Attorneys for AEG Live, which organized the pop icon's doomed 2009 comeback tour, had sought more than $1.2 million for expenses after winning a five-month trial but haggled out a lesser amount with Jackson's legal team.

The deal has still to be approved by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos, who oversaw the civil trial last year.

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-jacksons-mom-pay-promoter-800-000-024738195.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Katherine Jackson Loses Her Appeal Against AEG Live

Katherine Jackson has lost her appeal against AEG Live.

California's Court of Appeals today affirmed a jury's 2013 judgment in Jackson's wrongful death suit and awarded AEG costs on appeal.

"Today in a strongly worded opinion, the California Court of Appeal agreed with what a unanimous jury found: AEG was in no way responsible for the tragic death of Michael Jackson?," AEG Attorney Marvin Putnam told ABC News in a statement.

https://gma.yahoo.com/katherine-jackson-loses-her-appeal-against-aeg-live-185504936--abc-news-celebrities.html

(ABC News)

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
So sorry to hear that. It seems this family can't get a break. Thanks for the post.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.