Black Christians : Judge Not?

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
A local pastor refused to give an unwed mother's child a special ceremony in front of the congregation at Sunday service. I believe it was a dedication ceremony. She is now crying the blues in television in front of the church. Her argument: They had no problems taking my money, what cant they not judge and take my child?

Is this right? Scripturally correct?

A local pastor refused to give an unwed mother's child a special ceremony in front of the congregation at Sunday service. I believe it was a dedication ceremony. She is now crying the blues in television in front of the church. Her argument: They had no problems taking my money, what cant they not judge and take my child?

Kemestry I don't think there is any scriptural basis for this.

There is no scriptural evidence for this. I have never seen anywhere in the bible a child called an illigitimate child. I am all for marriage. The bible says children are an heritage unto the Lord...Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward...Psalm 127.3 no distinction here. This is insensitivity as the child did ask to be born to an unwed mother. My church dedicates babies "illigitimate" or not. The problem with this kind of hypocrisy is that there are members who are living lives that would shame the demons in hell and the pastor would not think twice before he places them in a position of responsibility in the church. The problem with some churches is that they are nothing more than money making machines...they take the moral high road when it suits them.

marvin-winans-1.jpg

On Sunday, the Perfecting Church, which is ran by Pastor Marvin Winans, will hold a special blessing of its congregation’s children. Unfortunately one child will not be allowed to participate.
Charity Grace’s son, 2-year-old Joshua, is not allowed to participate in the church’s dedication ceremony.
“I want to instill values and morals in my son based upon the word of God,” said Grace.
According to My Fox Detroit, Grace called the church on Tuesday to make arrangements. “I told them I was not married and that’s where everything just broke loose.” Grace said a church official told her Pastor Winans’ policy is that he doesn’t bless children of unwed mothers in front of his congregation

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013...ss-children-unwed-mothers-front-congregation/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back