Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH: (ASSASSINATION OF FRED HAMPTON ) : It was aptly named. There is a reason this movie is getting Oscar buzz. It is a must see. Every white person who doesn't understand the BLM movement, should/must see this

Only about 25 minutes into Antonio's critique, wish I could've have been a call in, so I'll do my thing here.
No actor could have salvaged that script. No one.
The only people that don't already know at least the general outline in the assassination of Fred Hampton are the willfully ignorant.
The only thing most people don't know are the actual whys. Which can never be known without an exploration or lived experience of what the Panthers were and what they stood for and that were totally lacking in this movie. Anyone ignorant of those values espoused by the Panthers would leave the movie just as ignorant as they were before going in.
Hollywood co-opting black history would have been a good/better title for this updated whitewashed blaxploitation dogs dish of a movie.
And if I had had to go out into the cold, risk COVIDS in an enclosed space and then paid hard earned $'s I would have walked out before the final act and demanded my money back (minus the stale popcorn and soda) it so stank.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back