Monetary

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Dan Rafael said:
Former welterweight champion Zab Judah, who has lost two in a row and had his license revoked for a year by Nevada boxing officials for his role in a 10th-round melee during his April bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr., signed with Prize Fight Boxing, the Memphis-based promotional company announced Friday.

"I'm excited to be working with the Prize Fight Boxing team, and I'm ready to get back in the ring and settle some unfinished business," Judah said in a statement. "All the champions better enjoy their belts now, because I'm coming back to claim what's mine."

After the Mayweather bout and ensuing punishment, promoter Don King released Judah.

But Prize Fight was still willing to take a chance on the unpredictable Judah (34-4, 24 KOs), who lost his welterweight crown in a huge upset to Carlos Baldomir in January and then was easily beaten by Mayweather.

"This is an important day in the history of Prize Fight Boxing, and we're honored to have a boxer the caliber of Zab Judah on our team," Brian Young of Prize Fight said.

Prize Fight's press release on the signing said Judah was expected back in the ring in the fall, but that could prove tricky given that his punishment in Nevada could prevent him from boxing anywhere in the United States.

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com

Click HERE for the article.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back