Black Spirituality Religion : Joker: The Trickster

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by rasembi aunk, Feb 26, 2010.

1. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Actor Andrew Koenig, son of Walter Koenig of Star Trek fame was found dead in a Vancouver park of an apparent suicide. He had played the role of The Joker in a Batman fan film just like Heath Ledger who also played the Joker who had died of drug over dose who had also been reported as acting odd and disturbed by his friends and colleagues before his death.

Jack Nicholson had warned Heath Ledger about the role and my guess is that Nicholson knew of the psychological and spiritual toll that came with merging the mind to the astral body of the Joker who is unstable, unpredictable, illogical, immoral and unbalanced to say the least. Maybe Nicholson knew a thing of two about dissolving the astral essence of the Joker so that the imbalanced energy couldn't stay long enough to do any permanent damage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjp0I_okX0w&feature=player_embedded[​IMG]

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674

BUT IS THE JOKER ASTRAL ESSENCE REALLY IMBALANCED... I DONT SEE IT THAT WAY. I SEE IT BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL, BEYOND MORALS

DARKSIDE MAGICK --- I AM AFLAKETE(TRICKSTER)

3. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    Yea, I think you got it all wrong, bro Rasembi. The trickster, for example the Yoruba Orisa Esu, is the only one who straddles the line between light and dark. he operates in both spheres. He is actually the embodiment of balance. the anti imbalance. You see, when you are out of balance, he let's you know it. Thus the label "the trickster."

ase

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The little man with the big stick awakens....

What's this I hear about the Joker ala Trickster.... Hmmm.... me don't know this guy.

The Trickster is balance itself... like Awo Dino said.

Omo Esu, let me tell you. I play tricks on people often. I revel in playing tricks, especially when I see things are one-sided. Hence why I'm contrary. Eshu, the Devil's Advocate.....

Omo Esu, a friend of Esu Ayeru......

5. AntiAlice88

AntiAlice88 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Yes, I respect Eshu highly. Love him for his near-fearfulness. You only fear him when you fear unacknowledged parts of yourself. He has REALLY been dealing with me lately on confronting the consequences of my choices. In fact, this week/weekend I've really had a sobering experience where he's let me see where my foolishness has truly led myself and those around me. Like the brotha said, when you're out of balance, he shows you. He''s the one who truly brings the truth to the light, makes the skeletons walk out that closet. He lets you know you can't hide ish forever. But it's all good. I always saw him in the role of the Joker. I see I'm not the only one

6. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Ever notice when you grow spiritually it usually causes problems for you? The Hindu believe what happens is you put karma payback on fast forward. In Ifa, an encounter with Esu leads to transformation. Usually it entails letting go of some dogma which lets you see things in a new way and this I transformative and the circle that is your consciousness become a larger circle. So dear sister AntiAlice, hang in there, it can be tough but you got Esu's attention! I have been getting my ars kicked by Esu for a couple of years now, but the old me, I can't remember that dude.
    ase

7. AntiAlice88

AntiAlice88 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks, Awo! that karmic payback fastforward reminds me of what I've heard some "christians" say: if the devil ain't attackin you, you ain't doin nothin good...well, truly, "the devil" we know, is Eshu. when you say you're committing to the path of righteousness/cultivating iwa pele, he will come and try you to hold you to that. you can't reach improvement or clarity unless you deal with your true self. how can you say you want to find truth or the "true path" or "the light" when you don't want to face the truth about your own self, let alone the truth about the world? how can you find the light or recognize it or appreciate it if you haven't embraced the darkness you started with(in)? Eshu, the two-faced, helps us face our own reflection. if we see him as ugly/evil, if we see him as "the devil" it's only that we don't like that part of ourselves he just showed us that we tried to hide our whole lives.

8. awo dino

Ratings:
    +1,258
    Bro Darkside is the personification of Esu. Crazy, funny, thought provoking and ugly to look at. lol

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    LOL!!!

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Maferefun Esu....

I got much love for Esu. Pour out a lil' liquor for da homie. Esu has saved my life too many times to tell. He is a task master, but working him is always for the better. Better to work with him than against him. Then we got problems. Tell Houston. He is my personal divinity.

My first Ifa reading said "You should be dead, but Esu kept you alive." I used to live an "exciting life" as a teenager. I have been in high-speed car chases, shoot-outs, armed robbery, crashed GTAs, drive-by shootings and overall death trap situations. I used to wonder how I was still alive. I used to tell myself with everything I've been through I should be dead. All my friends and two of my brothers have been shot. I've been shot at on plenty occasions but never has a bullet grazed my skin. My stories about Esu are many for someone just 34 years of age.

I love you, Esu.... You are definitely there for me.... I love you, Baba.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. joker ledger trickster