Black People Politics : John Boehner said - I’ve got the same responsibilities as the President

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Destee, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I watched President Obama tonight, and John Boehner's response, and was shocked to hear him say :

“I take the same oath of office as the President of the United States. I’ve got the same responsibilities as the President.”

Does anyone else find that strange.

How does he take the same oath, and have the same responsibilities as the President?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    If I'm not mistaken, the oath is the same for any elected office though their responsibilities are as different as night & day.
    Strange, yes. Surprising, no. I'm sure in his mind, he is just as important as the president. That's why it's called an imagination. Go figure.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thanks Brother Kamau ... you dun made me go look and see what the oath is ... :)

Wikipedia says it is as follows :

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Which clearly includes the words "Office of President of the United States" ... which they all aint say'n.

Reminds me of this : The negro has no rights which the white man is bound to respect

Boehner either lied, or doesn't know the difference between his oath and the President's.

Love You!

Destee

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    That's why I said "I believe". I always say that when I'm not sure. But I bet in place of "office of the prez", they replace it with their respective job. Not too sure, and it's waaaay toooo hot to look it up (it's still 75 here with high humidity).
    He didn't lie according to his world. I bet he actually believes what he said, just didn't mean to say it out loud.
    :martian:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    This is what i found regarding the oath taken by Senators and Representatives :

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

The current oath was enacted in 1884:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

While they may recite some of the same words, the oaths have to be different. Don't they?!!

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Ohhhh ... no problem Brother Kamau ... i'm shocked that he said it ... and you made me go look! :)

I problee would have ended up looking anyway, because i'm so taken aback by it.

I guess i was hoping someone else would just tell me, so i wouldn't have to look ... :)

But with the change of one word, one title, it is no longer the same ... is it?!

But you're right, obviously in his world, that's how it works. Must be nice.

After getting past the oath ... he said the same responsibilities too ... smh.

Stay kewl ... Love You!

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    So basically, the United States has two Presidents ... Obama and Boehner ... :rolleyes:

Destee

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    there is one president and one nut case......

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    These devil are unified and focused in their agenda, the give no I repeat no consetions So why the Democrats ar not unified in their agenda and focus and have been blue doawging nd actig consevative t t ma to make thier oponets hppy or the past 3 years 1 Nothing about helping the poor 2 Nothing about helping unions 3 2 additinal new wars base on nothing 4 Bsh tax break extended 5 4 trillion in bailouts to corporation instead of jobs creation 6 Subssides or coal mining,nuclear plants, and offshoredrilling everything those devils wanted so what are we to expect a devil to say after all of that?????

10. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +866
    This is how white folks think. They rather destroy the country than be submissive to a Black man. I try not to sound as anti-white as jfp, but these peckerwoods (I just watched Mandingo again) are showing their true colors. They have not evolved, they have not changed. They still dry clean their klan sheets and hang them in the front closet. Obama is the president of all the USA and he deserves the respect that that office entitles him too. Black folks may not have liked Bush, but we respect the office. Why can't these individuals do the same?