Black Spirituality Religion : JOHN 3:16-21

I was watching an episode where Bishop Eddie Long was talking about Real Love, and he was reading from this section. He defined what LOVE is - I think everyone should check it out. He said that the opposite of love is fear, NOT hate. He also said that the first thing that men need in life is Love....the Love of God. How do yall spiritually define Love?

CD

river said:
Sometimes people quote from memory and things get lost in the translation. However. "only begotten Son" is correct because angels are called the sons of God but they were created not begotten. Just like if I write a book or start a business I might call that my baby.

I believe Oceolo is quoting the NIV Bible this same scripture in the KJV Bible reads like this.

John 3:16-21

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Here's the same scripture from the CEV Bible.

16 God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them! 18 No one who has faith in God's Son will be condemned. But everyone who doesn't have faith in him has already been condemned for not having faith in God's only Son.

19 The light has come into the world, and people who do evil things are judged guilty because they love the dark more than the light. 20 People who do evil hate the light and won't come to the light, because it clearly shows what they have done. 21 But everyone who lives by the truth will come to the light, because they want others to know that God is really the one doing what they do.

Peace....

Cedric Denson said:
I was watching an episode where Bishop Eddie Long was talking about Real Love, and he was reading from this section. He defined what LOVE is - I think everyone should check it out. He said that the opposite of love is fear, NOT hate. He also said that the first thing that men need in life is Love....the Love of God. How do yall spiritually define Love?

CD

What is it that God really want's from us. Is it to cower in fear? Is it to blindly be manipulated? Is it to stay in church and worship him for 24 hours 7 days a week? No none these are correct. God simply wants us to love him as hie loves us. God is the ultimate parent. From God we learn parenthood. Like our earthly parents God wants us to Love him. We know God loves us because we are kept by the grace of God. Grace is God's unmeritted favor. God can only extend unmeritted favor if he truly loves us. To love God above all is to trust God. To have complete trust in God means to walk without fear. See after woman ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden, Adam feared that God would destroy woman whom he loved. So because of fear Adam did not trust God and as a result disobeyed God. See if Adam had have obeyed God woman would have surely died but because God know man shouldn't be alone and he loved Adam God would have given Adam another woman. It also goes to say that while the serpent tempted woman, Adam was right there watching having full knowledge of God's law. Adam watch his woman get seduced by evil and did nothing to stop it. Had Adam loved God more than his own temptation and curiousity none of the events would have never came to pass and all of mankind would be drastically different. Yet God still loves us so much he provided us away back to his family. Gods love for us can not be measured. Once we open our hearts God will respond with the Holy Spirit and we will be forever changed.

Peace......

Cedric Denson said:

CD
The opposite of love is indifference.

It's God's will to show His perfect love to imperfect people through imperfect people. That's why when the man asked Jesus how he should recognize his neighbor Jesus told him how to BE a neighbor.

1 Corinthians 13: 1 - 13 -

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, F42 but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails.

When someone is better to you than you are to yourself that's love.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back