Black Spirituality Religion : Joel Osteen 'Too Shallow' for Man Behind Internet Hoax

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... WoW! Thought I was the only person that felt that way about Joel's sermons ... Folk want to know the truth.

"There is no doubt about it, his sermons are a lot of self-help platitudes," Tribble said. "I want a message to get through to this guy, turn down the clichés and get real."

osteendodgers_635x250_1365608490.jpg

Joel Osteen 'Too Shallow' for Man Behind Internet Hoax

An elaborate Internet hoax targeting televangelist Joel Osteen, which included telling his many followers that he was denouncing the Christian faith, was the work of one man in Minneapolis, ABC News has learned.
That man, Justin Tribble, says he is a "big fan" of Osteen, the pastor of the Lakewood Church in Texas, but calls the pastor's message "too shallow."
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...rnet-hoax-134725834--abc-news-topstories.html

Peace In,

I believe he, like many other television pastors, are more worried about image than thinking on the Word. I've seen him before; it was just before I quit watching T.V. altogether, and I felt like he was trying more to appease and shape the Word around people's preferences rather than speaking the true Word that people may know to shape their lives around the Father and the Son.

good morning Clyde....:wave:

i don't even watch him or any of the other tv pastors.... i quit doing that long ago...

it wouldn't surprise me tho...

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... :wave: Morning, how you? I understand very well MsVeraisblessed. Its sorta sad to have the largest Church in America, and maybe even abroad, and not use it in the manner intended, wow:wow:

This is a real Laodicea moment...

Peace In,

I believe he, like many other television pastors, are more worried about image than thinking on the Word. I've seen him before; it was just before I quit watching T.V. altogether, and I felt like he was trying more to appease and shape the Word around people's preferences rather than speaking the true Word that people may know to shape their lives around the Father and the Son.

Yup, when real Christians are preparing for the tribulation and have an eschatological longing for the parousia; Osteen is selling cookies and milk, smh...

Peace In,

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back